From: "Tom Lange" <lange85@gmail.com>
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 6:01 PM
Subject: Major Issue With Excel 2016

Hi,
I use Excel 2016 on Windows 10 with Jaws 2019 all day long at work and have
few if any issues. However, one of my coworkers who has nearly an identical
configuration can’t edit cells in a spreadsheet by pressing F2 and using the
arrows to move around the cell. Jaws gives her no speech at all, just “blank
blank blank”. Why is that happening and what can we do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Marty Hutchings

Tom, This happens to me once in a while and what I have found is that it seems to happen when the cell that I am trying to edit is not actually on the screen. I have found that if I route the JAWS curser to the PC curser by hitting Insert and numpad Minus, then hit the numpad Plus key to return to the PC Curser, the cell that I am trying to edit will become visible and the F2 key will then work. also, sometimes just arrowing down and then back up in the column that your are trying to edit in will bring the cell into range to edit. HTH

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13