Topics

moderated Problems with Outlook 365

Norma A. Boge

Hi group,

I'm using the latest Jaws with Outlook 365. I am making my way through CathyAnne Mertha's immersion textbook but still have a number of problems I'm hoping to get some help with:

Problems with Jaws

-inconsistent in reporting message status when arrowing through message list

-Seems to hang randomly, but occurs most after executing reply command

What I've tried

-made sure Outlook is maximized

-Updated to latest Jaws

-Close and reopen outlook 365

-Restart PC

-Double checked   Jaws settings

Thanks,

Norma

Cohn, Jonathan

A lot of my Outlook hangs got resolved in the build that came out a few weeks ago. Also, I have heard some chatter about versions of Office from a few months back havig issues that are resolved in the newer versions. If you are not on the "monthly" channel of Office updates, you might want to consider being on it.  In either case, FS Support should be able to quickly verify if they know of issues with either your JAWS or Office versions.your version number is something like 2019.190

John Gurd

How do I switch to the monthly channel for updates of Office 365? I’ve just tried to update and been advised my latest update was October 2018 and I am up-to-date. On checking I still appear to be on the 2016 build. I have 3 machines and they all report the same thing including one which is new on which 365 was installed 4 weeks ago. I am in the UK but I assume I should still be on the 2019 build.

Thanks

John

John Gurd

On 11 Sep 2019, at 3:53 pm, Cohn, Jonathan <jcohn@...> wrote:

A lot of my Outlook hangs got resolved in the build that came out a few weeks ago. Also, I have heard some chatter about versions of Office from a few months back havig issues that are resolved in the newer versions. If you are not on the "monthly" channel of Office updates, you might want to consider being on it.  In either case, FS Support should be able to quickly verify if they know of issues with either your JAWS or Office versions.your version number is something like 2019.190

Office version 2019 applies only to the retail version of Office.

If you are subscribed to Office 365 your version will still read something like 16.0.12026.20108 which is what it currently shows for me.