moderated Windows Live Mail spell checker

Marty Hutchings

Is there a setting to get Spell Checker to only look at my message and not the whole thread?  I don't want to correct the entire universe, just what I wrote.

If you are asking if there is a setting to allow spell checker to ignore quoted material, then to my knowledge the answer is "no."

The first thing one should do in a compose window, if the bottom quoted material is not needed to retain context for the reply, is to delete it.  A CTRL+A followed by either the Delete key or backspace accomplishes this.   Then the only thing the spell checker has to check is what you've written.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Glenn / Lenny

That is odd, in Outlook Express and Outlook, by default it ignores quoted text, that is, the stuff we are replying to.
But if someone goes into the spell settings in these programs, you could inadvertently turn it on, because as you tab through, the first part is what to check, and before  you know it, you are in the part  for what to ignore, and you could change that to the behavior that we typically don't want.
Glenn

From: Feliciano G [mailto:theblindman12v@hotmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 2:58 PM

<http://www.facebook.com/TheBlindMan12v>

Follow www.instagram.com/theblindman12v
<http://www.instagram.com/theblindman12v>

Is there a setting to get Spell Checker to only look at my message and
not the whole thread?  I don't want to correct the entire universe, just
what I wrote.

Marty,

         Provided you're not using POP access, you might just consider uninstalling and reinstalling WLM 2012, as clearly the behavior you're seeing is not intended just based upon the settings available.

         Should you wish to go that route, I archived the Windows Essentials 2012 installer on my Google Drive.  This was downloaded from Microsoft's site approximately one week before it was pulled at end of official support:   Windows Live Mail (Windows Essentials) 2012 (ZIP format)

         ~ Eric Hoffer