From: David Pearson
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2019 8:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: E-mail deletion question

Hello list:

I have an e-mail in my in box which I wish to delete, but when I press the
delete key,an aerror bell sounds, and Jaws states "that an unknown error
has occurred"leaving the message alone.

Using Dell desktop(Windows7) and latest Jaws using WLM

Most of the time I can get rid of an unwanted e-mail messageby simply
pressing the delete key, but occasionally, the above happens and the message
remains.

Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

Don Walls

David, sometimes when my computer has frozen or JAWS disappeared, I've had to shut down. When I turn the computer on again, sometimes emails which I've deleted from my In folder before the shutdown appear -- except they really aren't there. That's when you get an error message. If shift delete doesn't work, hit the enter key and space bar, then you should be able to delete the email and can then delete it normally if you wish from your deleted folder.

I hope this helps.

Don

I have an e-mail in my in box which I wish to delete, but when I press the
delete key,an aerror bell sounds, and Jaws states "that an unknown error
has occurred"leaving the message alone.

Using Dell desktop(Windows7) and latest Jaws using WLM

Most of the time I can get rid of an unwanted e-mail messageby simply
pressing the delete key, but occasionally, the above happens and the message
remains.

Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hello "netbat66"

By George, that worked! Tried to open message at first, but it wouldn't and received same sound/reply but Shift + delete "did the trick".

Thanks for the tip.

Most sincerely,

David S. Pearson