moderated Is This Problem a JAWS or a Browser Problem?

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Over the weekend I upgraded my Internet browser from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.  I am finding that whenever I open up Google Chrome and try to log in to certain web sites, even though I enter the correct username and password at the site’s log-on screen I will not be logged into the site and I wind up at the log-on page again.  I am using Google Chrome as my Internet browser.  I have made it my default browser.  I am using Windows 10 and the latest version of JAWS, JAWS 2019.  Is the reason I am not being logged in related to JAWS or is it a browser problem?

Rick Miller

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Rick,
It may be that it is remembering your password, and when you type in your password, you are entering two instances in the same field.
Try doing control + A and then delete before typing in your password.
Sometimes it seems like nothing is there when you arrow in the field, but I think there sometimes is.
HTH.

Glenn

Over the weekend I upgraded my Internet browser from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.  I am finding that whenever I open up Google Chrome and try to log in to certain web sites, even though I enter the correct username and password at the site’s log-on screen I will not be logged into the site and I wind up at the log-on page again.  I am using Google Chrome as my Internet browser.  I have made it my default browser.  I am using Windows 10 and the latest version of JAWS, JAWS 2019.  Is the reason I am not being logged in related to JAWS or is it a browser problem?

Rick Miller

Leo

Hi,

It is neither a jaws nor a web browser problem. I use jaws 2019 and chrome withouth that problem.

Check if your capslock key is on

Best,
   Leo.
On 9/2/2019 10:43 PM, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

Over the weekend I upgraded my Internet browser from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.  I am finding that whenever I open up Google Chrome and try to log in to certain web sites, even though I enter the correct username and password at the site’s log-on screen I will not be logged into the site and I wind up at the log-on page again.  I am using Google Chrome as my Internet browser.  I have made it my default browser.  I am using Windows 10 and the latest version of JAWS, JAWS 2019.  Is the reason I am not being logged in related to JAWS or is it a browser problem?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I’ve just found out that it is due to the fact that I did not choose a security preference.  Once I chose the preference, that solved the problem.

Rick Miller