moderated Audio files question

David Pearson

Hello list:

I have an e-mail containing a link to a website containing a collection of 5 audio files. I can go to the website, and play the files, but was wondering if there's a way to pause playing, and then continue from that point using only keyboard commands as it sometimes gets noisy when the AC unit comes on, which makes me feel like I'm in the "Wizard of Oz".

Lastly, is there also a method to fast forward or rewind these files once they've started playing? Been told that there's a pause button on monitor screen. Don't know exactly what type files these are, they're described simply as "Audio files".

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Are you able to share the web page address?   It's impossible to know what controls a given site may, or may not, give you.   There are scads of web audio player options out there, and it entirely depends on which one is in use.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer

Marty Hutchings

David, Can you download the files by Right click or Application key for context menu and down arrow to Save file as? If so, then you can play the files in your favorite media player.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2019 2:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Audio files question

Hello list:

I have an e-mail containing a link to a website containing a collection of 5
audio files. I can go to the website, and play the files, but was wondering
if there's a way to pause playing, and then continue from that point using
only keyboard commands as it sometimes gets noisy when the AC unit comes on,
which makes me feel like I'm in the "Wizard of Oz".

Lastly, is there also a method to fast forward or rewind these files once
they've started playing? Been told that there's a pause button on monitor
screen. Don't know exactly what type files these are, they're described
simply as "Audio files".

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

David Diamond

What I usually do is, download the file then use one of the players such as anyburn or VLC to play the audio file. With VLC you can pause, rewind and fast forward the audio.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: September 1, 2019 1:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Audio files question

Are you able to share the web page address?   It's impossible to know what controls a given site may, or may not, give you.   There are scads of web audio player options out there, and it entirely depends on which one is in use.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer