Topics

moderated Accessible Server Software

Robbie Curtis

Hey Yall,

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@triad.rr.com

---
https://www.avg.com

Jaffar Sidek

On 9/2/2019 3:53 AM, Robbie Curtis wrote:
Hey Yall,

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

Robbie Curtis

Thanks, just so happens I downloaded it and installed.

On 9/1/2019 5:52 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Wamp:

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

On 9/2/2019 3:53 AM, Robbie Curtis wrote:
Hey Yall,

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@triad.rr.com
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
https://www.avg.com

HH. Smith Jr.

Hey Robbie,

Just curious, the server or servers in question are they yours personally or in a business setting and how many are we talking about?

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@triad.rr.com
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
https://www.avg.com

Rick Mladek

I understand Jaws is good with any MS Server software after 2003.

Just curious, the server or servers in question are they yours personally or in a business setting and how many are we talking about?

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@triad.rr.com
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
https://www.avg.com

HH. Smith Jr.

I am currently running Microsoft server 2016 virtually in VMware pro 15 with JAWS 2019 with remote access licensing along side NVDA. It gives me access with no issues.

I understand Jaws is good with any MS Server software after 2003.

Just curious, the server or servers in question are they yours personally or in a business setting and how many are we talking about?

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@triad.rr.com
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
https://www.avg.com

Robbie Curtis

Hi Jaffar,

I have wampserver 3 and I need to edit the php.ini file and the software is sort of inaccessible. How can I edit this file? I have researched and the forum contributors say to do it through the wampserver icon in the systems tray. Help is much appreciated.

On 9/1/2019 5:52 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Wamp:

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

On 9/2/2019 3:53 AM, Robbie Curtis wrote:
Hey Yall,

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@triad.rr.com
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
https://www.avg.com

Robbie Curtis

Hi, sorry I missed your message. I am using it for myself. Creating a local environment to learn WordPress. Help appreciated.

I am currently running Microsoft server 2016 virtually in VMware pro 15 with JAWS 2019 with remote access licensing along side NVDA. It gives me access with no issues.

I understand Jaws is good with any MS Server software after 2003.

Just curious, the server or servers in question are they yours personally or in a business setting and how many are we talking about?

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@...
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
https://www.avg.com

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,

I have never used Wordpress, but when I had a consumer learning JAWS, we used notepad++ and a somewhat good tutorial at W3schools.com. If you want to try out server 2016 or 2019, you can download the iso file at the windows evaluation center and use the software for 180days with six resets for a total of 1080days or purchase it for pennies on the dollar on ebay for less than 30bucks. However, when installing the software, you will need sighted assistance if you’re planning to run it in a virtual environment. Like I said, once it is installed, NVDA and narrator works well with it if you don’t want to shell out the additional 200 bucks for JAWS with remote access.

Server2016

Server2019

You will need to create an account, but it is free.HTH

Hi, sorry I missed your message. I am using it for myself. Creating a local environment to learn WordPress. Help appreciated.

I am currently running Microsoft server 2016 virtually in VMware pro 15 with JAWS 2019 with remote access licensing along side NVDA. It gives me access with no issues.

I understand Jaws is good with any MS Server software after 2003.

Just curious, the server or servers in question are they yours personally or in a business setting and how many are we talking about?

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@...
"Stay in peace, not pieces!"

---
https://www.avg.com

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Robbie.  I think for us, we can only access the php.ini file by going into the wamp directory\bin\CurrentlyUsedPhpVersion, so for example if you are using php7.3.5, then go in to that directory, locate the php.ini file and edit it to your needs.  I hav searched through the available menus present on the server management icon on the system tray but cannot find any menu item that allows us to edit the php.ini file through there.  Cheers!

On 9/3/2019 8:45 AM, Robbie Curtis wrote:
Hi Jaffar,

I have wampserver 3 and I need to edit the php.ini file and the software is sort of inaccessible. How can I edit this file? I have researched and the forum contributors say to do it through the wampserver icon in the systems tray. Help is much appreciated.

On 9/1/2019 5:52 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Wamp:

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

On 9/2/2019 3:53 AM, Robbie Curtis wrote:
Hey Yall,

Can anyone direct me to an accessible local server software? Thanks.

Glenn / Lenny

Interesting, I haven't had to edit any .INI files since windows 98.
I have wondered since XP if we would ever be doing that again.
Glenn

[...]

Thanks Jaffar and everyone. Jaffar, I will try that and I thought that might be the case having to use the command prompt. Thanks all!