moderated Does anyone have any tips on using the Kindle for PC with Accessibility Plugin app?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 on a Windows 7 PC.  Recently, I downloaded and installed this app.  However, it does not seem to be nearly as accessible as I had hoped.  For example, I seem even to have trouble “registering” it at that screen under its “tools>options” menu where seemingly none of the buttons are accessible.  Am I missing something?  Is there any particular JAWS setting(s), or perhaps scripts, for it?  Is there somewhere I can read about how to use this app?  Does anyone have some tips to share about it?

Thanks,

Richard

Chris Hill

Hmmm, are you sure you got the program you need?  I didn't remember having to seek out a special version last time I downloaded it, it just saw jaws running took it from there, I think.  You might also want to reboot and try again if you haven't done that.  I just looked in the tools/ options menu on mine and it read fine.

CH

On 8/30/2019 14:54, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 on a Windows 7 PC.  Recently, I downloaded and installed this app.  However, it does not seem to be nearly as accessible as I had hoped.  For example, I seem even to have trouble “registering” it at that screen under its “tools>options” menu where seemingly none of the buttons are accessible.  Am I missing something?  Is there any particular JAWS setting(s), or perhaps scripts, for it?  Is there somewhere I can read about how to use this app?  Does anyone have some tips to share about it?

Thanks,

Richard

Cristóbal

Sounds like he maybe installed an older version. I know that if you wanted to use Codex, you had to use an older installer where accessibility was pretty bad, so maybe that’s what he is trying to do? I got my sighted wife’s help to get past that barrier when I installed it on my machines back in the day.

Cristóbal