moderated Best headset for use with Jaws and call center

Paul Sandoval

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone here can help advise me on the best or some of the best models of headsets to use in a call center environment while using Jaws.

Thank you for any information you can give.

Paul Sandoval

Blind Tech Training

Expanding possibilities using technology

720-620-8007

BlindTechTraining@...

Michael Mote

Hi Paul. It really depends on the type of phone system you plan on
using. If it is a hard phone that you need to use, there is really
only one choice, and that is a dual channel headset made by
Plantronics. If I remember correctly, the model number is 1783. If you
are using a soft phone set up, you can use a USB headset. I recommend
a Logitech headset which we use where I work.

On 8/30/19, Paul Sandoval <ps8001@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help advise me on the best or some of the best
models of headsets to use in a call center environment while using Jaws.

Thank you for any information you can give.

Paul Sandoval
Blind Tech Training
Expanding possibilities using technology
720-620-8007
BlindTechTraining@gmail.com<mailto:BlindTechTraining@gmail.com>

ileenshere@...

Hi I have a great one. It is currently not in use. I’ll have it available for you to check out.

I’m hoping someone here can help advise me on the best or some of the best models of headsets to use in a call center environment while using Jaws.

Thank you for any information you can give.

Paul Sandoval

Blind Tech Training

Expanding possibilities using technology

720-620-8007

BlindTechTraining@...

Amanda Crocker

For headsets, JAWS and Call Centers there are a lot of variables and a lot of things to consider, the biggest points are:

  1. Is going to be personal preference of the employee, are they ok with JAWS and the customer both coming in both ears? If so, and I’ve seen a lot of JAWS users use this method very effectively, then you can really use any quality headset. We use the Logitch USB headsets, they’re comfortable, decent quality, and fairly inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Headset-H390-Noise-Cancelling/dp/B000UXZQ42
  2. If they want JAWS and the customer to come through different ears then a headset that only has one earpiece and an earbud are relatively simple, if not very sophisticated solutions. You can then have your system sound come through the headset and route JAWS through the earbud.
  3. As far as I know there isn’t a super affordable way to split sound on a traditional 2 eared headset, especially if you’re going to use USB headsets, I could be wrong and just don’t know about it though. These are just some of the methods and tools I am familiar with.

Amanda Crocker

Application Administrator

7501 Prospect

Kansas City, MO 64132

Main (816) 421-5848

Direct (816) 237-2083

Fax (816) 237-2019

Visit us online at www.alphapointe.org

Keep up with all of the exciting things going on at Alphapointe –

follow us on social media!

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Alphapointe. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi I have a great one. It is currently not in use. I’ll have it available for you to check out.

I’m hoping someone here can help advise me on the best or some of the best models of headsets to use in a call center environment while using Jaws.

Thank you for any information you can give.

Paul Sandoval

Blind Tech Training

Expanding possibilities using technology

720-620-8007

BlindTechTraining@...

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

I think everyone missed: "he is deaf in one ear". so the dual channel and 2 headphones for both ears is not going to work. Just use a headset like anyone else. the customer is not going to hear Jaws and he has to listen to both in one ear anyway.

On 8/30/2019 10:57 AM, Michael Mote wrote:
Hi Paul. It really depends on the type of phone system you plan on
using. If it is a hard phone that you need to use, there is really
only one choice, and that is a dual channel headset made by
Plantronics. If I remember correctly, the model number is 1783. If you
are using a soft phone set up, you can use a USB headset. I recommend
a Logitech headset which we use where I work.

On 8/30/19, Paul Sandoval <ps8001@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help advise me on the best or some of the best
models of headsets to use in a call center environment while using Jaws.

Thank you for any information you can give.

Paul Sandoval
Blind Tech Training
Expanding possibilities using technology
720-620-8007
BlindTechTraining@gmail.com<mailto:BlindTechTraining@gmail.com>

David Diamond

Perhaps pairing the hearing aids if he wears them would work. I don't know if this would work because when I have to listen to JAWS and am on a call, I am alone. I can either have the computer going through speakers or my aid and then have the call on speaker phone. The best suggestion I have is, talk to an audiologist about this problem. They were the ones that suggested pairing the iPhone with my hearing aids via blue tooth. Of course if no aid is worn, I don't know what to suggest. My sister has aids but refuses to wear them. "WHAT!" is her fraise of choice.