Topics

moderated cannot reinstall JAWS 2019 on Windows 10

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Hi all,
After seeing some posts about Winaero Tweaker, I downloaded, installed and tweaked my system with it. Everything appeared to be going swimmingly after a reboot, except that JAWS would crash and close each time I ran Google Chrome or the new Edge. I was also having trouble finding the start menu search box using JAWS, but not with NVDA, Window-eyes or Narrator. So, I repaired JAWS, to no avail. I then uninstalled JAWS through add/remove programs; again, to no avail.

Finally, I used the Microsoft Program Installer troubleshooting app to uninstall each and every Freedom Scientific component. But now, when I attempt to reinstall JAWS, I only get a repair option. I've gone through the registry and deleted all references to Freedom Scientific and JAWS. But each time I try to rerun the JAWS installer, I only get a repair option, an error and a close button. How the heck can JAWS want to repair itself if it's not installed anywhere on my system? Furthermore what can I do? I would really hate to reinstall Windows over this.
Many thanks,
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@...

Randy Barnett

did you delete all folders for jaws, including the ones in program folders, program folder  x86 and app data?

At 04:51 PM 8/27/2019, Randy Barnett wrote:
did you delete all folders for jaws, including
the ones in program folders, program folder x86 and app data?
I sure did. But that didn't help. What helped was reversing all of Winaero Tweaker''s changes.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Randy Barnett

Well at least you didnt have to re-install windows...

On 8/27/2019 3:56 PM, Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io wrote:
At 04:51 PM 8/27/2019, Randy Barnett wrote:
did you delete all folders for jaws, including the ones in program
folders, program folder  x86 and app data?
I sure did. But that didn't help. What helped was reversing all of Winaero Tweaker''s changes.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Maria Reyes

I agree. there should be only 1 list for Jaws.