Topics

moderated Word Suddenly Verbose about Doc Layout

Ed Culpepper

Suddenly inn the past 2 days Jaws2019 has started voicing previously unspoken doc layout info not previously spoken. For example, a Word doc containing the line “Departure: October 31, 2019” will be spoken as “Departure:space marker October space marker 31, space marker 2019 paragraph mark.” I don’t know how this started or how to stop the unwanted verbosity. Running Jaws2019, Office 2016 Pro, Win 10, all latest versions. Any help greatly appreciated … although please be as step-by-step as possible.

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Press shift+ctrl+8 (number row) and things will return to normal.

Dean

Suddenly inn the past 2 days Jaws2019 has started voicing previously unspoken doc layout info not previously spoken. For example, a Word doc containing the line “Departure: October 31, 2019” will be spoken as “Departure:space marker October space marker 31, space marker 2019 paragraph mark.” I don’t know how this started or how to stop the unwanted verbosity. Running Jaws2019, Office 2016 Pro, Win 10, all latest versions. Any help greatly appreciated … although please be as step-by-step as possible.

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Cohn, Jonathan

I experimented with this, because there are times I would want to see this formatting information. In a new document, I pressed the control-shift-8 and got the marks as described, but they did not go away when I hit this keystroke a second time. Moving from printview to draft view did make the marks go away. But did I miss something with the original keystroke, and also does this function available via the ribbon also?
Thanks,
Jonathan

mike mcglashon

Block quote:

Moving from printview to draft view did make the marks go away.

End block quote:

So, how do you switch from print view to draft view?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

I experimented with this, because there are times I would want to see this formatting information. In a new document, I pressed the control-shift-8 and got the marks as described, but they did not go away when I hit this keystroke a second time. Moving from printview to draft view did make the marks go away. But did I miss something with the original keystroke, and also does this function available via the ribbon also?
Thanks,
Jonathan

JM Casey

I don’t think it is a toggle, so you would need another keystroke to invoke a different view.