Topics

Any useful links for getting to grips with Office 2016 and Jaws

John Gurd

Hi all

I’m running Jaws 18 and have just bought a new PC with Office Home and Business 2016. I previously used Office 2010. Can anyone point me to resources that would help me configure Office 2016 and run it with JFW?

Thanks

Regards

John

BeastlyTheos <theodorecooke@...>

Are you still trying to install office 2016, or do you have it
installed, but find it's not working too well for you?

On 11/29/16, John Gurd <j.gurd@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Hi all

I'm running Jaws 18 and have just bought a new PC with Office Home and
Business 2016. I previously used Office 2010. Can anyone point me to
resources that would help me configure Office 2016 and run it with JFW?

Thanks

Regards

John

John Gurd

I've just installed it but I haven't done anything with it. I heard it was quite different from 2010 so I thought it might be worth getting some pointers before diving in.

John

Are you still trying to install office 2016, or do you have it installed, but find it's not working too well for you?

On 11/29/16, John Gurd <j.gurd@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Hi all

I'm running Jaws 18 and have just bought a new PC with Office Home and
Business 2016. I previously used Office 2010. Can anyone point me to
resources that would help me configure Office 2016 and run it with JFW?

Thanks

Regards

John

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello John,
I did not find it so different; you may want to test drive it.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I've just installed it but I haven't done anything with it. I heard it was quite different from 2010 so I thought it might be worth getting some pointers before diving in.

John

Are you still trying to install office 2016, or do you have it installed, but find it's not working too well for you?

On 11/29/16, John Gurd <j.gurd@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Hi all

I'm running Jaws 18 and have just bought a new PC with Office Home and
Business 2016. I previously used Office 2010. Can anyone point me to
resources that would help me configure Office 2016 and run it with JFW?

Thanks

Regards

John

BeastlyTheos <theodorecooke@...>

Kevin, I don't think there's any such thing as test driving when it
comes to MS office. Once he upgrades to a newer version, he can't
downgrade.

Anyway, I've been using office 2016 for about 8 months now, and I've
found the spellchecker doesn't work at all, and I have no idea how to
fix it. So while we're on the topic, I wouldn't mind any tips on that.
:)

On 11/30/16, Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello John,
I did not find it so different; you may want to test drive it.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Are you still trying to install office 2016, or do you have it installed,
but find it's not working too well for you?

On 11/29/16, John Gurd <j.gurd@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Hi all

I'm running Jaws 18 and have just bought a new PC with Office Home and
Business 2016. I previously used Office 2010. Can anyone point me to
resources that would help me configure Office 2016 and run it with JFW?

Thanks

Regards

John

Jason White

BeastlyTheos <theodorecooke@trentu.ca> wrote:

Anyway, I've been using office 2016 for about 8 months now, and I've
found the spellchecker doesn't work at all, and I have no idea how to
fix it. So while we're on the topic, I wouldn't mind any tips on that.
:)

I ran the spell checker recently in Outlook 2016, which worked fine with JAWS
18. I invoked it with the F7 keyboard command.

If you can explain what isn't working, I can try to reproduce it.