tables in outlook 2016

Stan Holdeman

It seems like a lot of emails in Outlook 2016 are laid out in table form, and I am having lots of trouble navigating them with jaws 18.

Where can I get some help in getting around in these emails?

Stan

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Stan,

Do you have Smart Navigation enabled? If so or to check try Jaws Key+X, if it is on Jaws will say “Smart Navigation Off”, if it was off then Jaws will say “Smart Navigation Controls and Tables”.

With Smart Navigation off the tables are read by Jaws as text, e.g. if you had a table with headings Description, Quantity, Price, Tax and Total Jaws would read all of these items as if they were on separate lines, it would not drop into table mode where you have to navigate the table. This applies to web pages and I assume to Microsoft Word as well. I usually have smart navigaion enabled since I like it for the most part, but there are a few websites where I turn it off.

Regards,

Sieghard

It seems like a lot of emails in Outlook 2016 are laid out in table form, and I am having lots of trouble navigating them with jaws 18.

Where can I get some help in getting around in these emails?

Stan

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Thanks, Brian! What a difference that hint makes on the CNN
Money site for Dow Jones. It's back like it used to be for
me in XP - YEA!

Bye for now,

Carolyn

It seems like a lot of emails in Outlook 2016 are laid out
in table form, and I am having lots of trouble navigating
them with jaws 18.

Where can I get some help in getting around in these emails?

Stan

Pablo Morales

On web pages as well in Outlook emails, they are showed in html. On HTML you can use the table layer. To do it you need to be at the beginning of the table, when you heard something like table 1, Nonuniform Table,  row 1 of whatever number, column 1 of whatever number.

Then you will press insert space bar, and you will herd a little sound, then you will press the letter T, and you will heard jaws saying table layer.

Now you will be able to read the table navigating up,down, left and right arrow.

If the table was created with heading lables, you need to be sure that you have the table properties configured in the way that jaws will read the labels of those headings.

It seems like a lot of emails in Outlook 2016 are laid out in table form, and I am having lots of trouble navigating them with jaws 18.

Where can I get some help in getting around in these emails?

Stan

Stan Holdeman

Thanks Sieghard and Pablo. I will be trying these things. Thanks for getting me started.

Stan

It seems like a lot of emails in Outlook 2016 are laid out in table form, and I am having lots of trouble navigating them with jaws 18.

Where can I get some help in getting around in these emails?

Stan

Jason White

Stan Holdeman <sholdeman@msn.com> wrote:
It seems like a lot of emails in Outlook 2016 are laid out in table form,
and I am having lots of trouble navigating them with jaws 18.

Definitely try Smart Navigation mode. In my experience, it works well in
Microsoft Outlook as well as on the Web.