moderated Unable to move into different email folders

Don Walls

This past week my server was disrupted and customers did not have access to send or receive emails.  Mine was out for almost eight days.  Near the end of the disruption, a tech support person working for my server guided me through how to get to emails via website.  I found I could arrow up and down the lengthy list of new emails but very slowly.  I had trouble opening an email, then the process seemed to freeze.  I may have changed a setting as I floundered.  Now, if I wish to arrow down from my In folder to the Deleted folder or another, it seems that JAWS won’t enter the desired folder.  If I close my Windows Live Mail, then bring it up again, I’m sitting in the desired folder and can move around it and enter emails.  If I then try to arrow up to my In folder, again I can’t get into it without closing WLM and then bringing it up again.  Any suggestions on how I can correct this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Don

Don,

             Not trying to revive the IMAP/POP wars, as everyone knows where I stand, but if your e-mail access is IMAP, there are a couple of things I'd suggest both as diagnostics and that should eventually resolve this:

1.  Try a different e-mail client, Thunderbird springs to mind, temporarily to see if this same behavior exhibits itself there.  The fact that your provider allowed an 8-day outage is just jaw dropping, and I suspect there are issues still on their end.

2.  Try deleting your account under WLM, then re-creating it again.   You lose nothing this way if you've used IMAP access and IMAP storage folders, all of which are server side, and all of which just re-sync when the account is created again.   There could be something that somehow has become corrupted on the WLM side with your account, and starting fresh with WLM needing to create all the support structures on its side for that account might cure that.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Don Walls

Brian, thanks very much for your swift and helpful reply.  Much appreciated!