moderated confused

cecropia64

okay, now i am confused.?? what list is mike the new owner of??? is it this list or another list.?? help!

stew

Richard Turner

Perhaps you should write to: main+owner@jfw.groups.io
and ask.
I suspect Mike has been the owner of this list, but I'm not sure and also not interested enough to go find out.

HTH,

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Aug 22, 2019, at 8:53 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

okay, now i am confused.?? what list is mike the new owner of??? is it this list or another list.?? help!

stew

cecropia64

i only asked because there are so many different angles of basically the same issue that it just got confusing.?? i really don't care either but i just want to know?? what is going on.?? not a big deal just confusing.

On Aug 22, 2019, at 8:53 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@att.net> wrote:

???okay, now i am confused.?? what list is mike the new owner of??? is it this list or another list.?? help!

stew

I agree, the use of "the list" and "this list" being bandied about is confusing.

This group, as in The JAWS for Windows Support List, is owned by James Homuth and, to my knowledge, has been since its inception.

The now defunct JAWS Users group, whose exact name I do not know and since it's been nuked cannot pull up, has never, to my knowledge, been owned or moderated by the owner of this very group that I'm about to post this message to (James Homuth).  If I'm wrong I am certain that the Group Owner of this very group will correct me.

The "pop-up replacement" for said nuked group is jfw-users@groups.io, home page here, https://groups.io/g/jfw-users, which includes its various addresses just like all Groups.io group home pages do, and which I mentioned how to search for last night.  It came into existence yesterday.

That covers all of the "this and that" groups that have been swirling around in various topics here.  It is left as an exercise to the reader to figure out just which this or that was being alluded to in those other messages.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

cecropia64

brian:

thank you.?? now that was a helpful answer to an innocent question.?? i appreciate you clearing it up for me.?? have a great one.

stew

The "pop-up replacement" for said nuked group is jfw-users@groups.io, <mailto:jfw-users@groups.io,>??home page here, https://groups.io/g/jfw-users, <https://groups.io/g/jfw-users>??which includes its various addresses just like all Groups.io group home pages do, and which I mentioned how to search for last night.?? It came into existence yesterday.

That covers all of the "this and that" groups that have been swirling around in various topics here.?? It is left as an exercise to the reader to figure out just which this or that was being alluded to in those other messages.

???????????????? ~ Eric Hoffer

Mike B.

Hi Stew,

Mike Capell is the owner of the,
list.

okay, now i am confused.?? what list is mike the new owner of??? is it
this list or another list.?? help!

stew

cecropia64

roger that.?? thanks

On 8/22/2019 12:24 PM, Mike B wrote:
???
Hi Stew,
Mike Capell is the owner of the,
jfw-users@groups.io <mailto:jfw-users@groups.io>
list.
Take care.?? Mike.?? Sent from my iBarstool.?? Go dodgers!
okay, now i am confused.?? what list is mike the new owner of??? is it
this list or another list.?? help!

stew

Georgie Mac

Brian,  For me too!  To much with all of this.  People just asking questions to a very confusing issue.  Very Admiral of you to take the time talk to us regarding this.  We all said we didn't care but the fact is we did and do!  Much appreciated.  Georgi

On 8/22/2019 12:15 PM, cecropia64 wrote:
[...]

James Homuth

I wish I could take all the credit, but this list actually predates Yahoo Groups. When I joined initially, we were hosted on OneList (remember those guys?). Actually if I remember correctly, and someone can feel free to correct me if they know, Mark (the owner of groups.io) was initially involved in OneList before it was sold to what then became Yahoo Groups. At the time, we were under the guidance of a man named Nick Allen. We changed ownership a couple times after that, and hosting platforms once, before I took over--we were on freelists.org when I took the wheel, and the archives from those days are still up there.

Related: Holy crap, I just realized this is probably the longest online venture I've had any active part in that's still running. God I feel old.

James,
List Admin

[...]

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 03:45 PM, James Homuth wrote:
God I feel old.
Join the club, bub.   And it only gets worse.

[The above offered by someone who did his first programming course in FORTRAN on punch cards.  And if you need to ask, don't.]

         ~ Eric Hoffer