moderated Netflix and audio description

William Hersh

Hi Listers

Any opinions on using Audio Description on Netflix? What are some winning combinations - smart TV with or without Roku 3? FireStick? Better on tablet? Better on PC? Better with Apple TV? Any failed combinations? Known issues?

Thanks

Bill

Richard Turner

Never having used a Smart TV, I can say it works fine on the iPhone and Apple TV, or through a cable provider like Comcast.

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Aug 21, 2019, at 4:58 AM, William Hersh <billhsh@...> wrote:

Hi Listers

Any opinions on using Audio Description on Netflix? What are some winning combinations - smart TV with or without Roku 3? FireStick? Better on tablet? Better on PC? Better with Apple TV? Any failed combinations? Known issues?

Thanks

Bill

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Hi Bill, I've used audio description with Netflix successfully without issues on Samsung smart TV, Roku and Amazon fire stick. On All but the Roku I used voice feedback. on the Roku someone else did it. It  was an older one that Didn't have voice feedback but it still work for audio description.

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique

On Aug 21, 2019, at 4:57 AM, William Hersh <billhsh@...> wrote:

Hi Listers

Any opinions on using Audio Description on Netflix? What are some winning combinations - smart TV with or without Roku 3? FireStick? Better on tablet? Better on PC? Better with Apple TV? Any failed combinations? Known issues?

Thanks

Bill

William Hersh

Thanks Randy

Could you tell me which was easiest for you? I take it the Roku was not the best. Was it Roku 2 or 3? And which FireStick?

Hi Bill, I've used audio description with Netflix successfully without issues on Samsung smart TV, Roku and Amazon fire stick. On All but the Roku I used voice feedback. on the Roku someone else did it. It  was an older one that Didn't have voice feedback but it still work for audio description.

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique

On Aug 21, 2019, at 4:57 AM, William Hersh <billhsh@...> wrote:

Hi Listers

Any opinions on using Audio Description on Netflix? What are some winning combinations - smart TV with or without Roku 3? FireStick? Better on tablet? Better on PC? Better with Apple TV? Any failed combinations? Known issues?

Thanks

Bill

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

The fire stick is the latest version with the Alexa remote so you can talk to it. The Sampson is a new 32 inch Samsung smart TV. Both are easy to use.  the Roku is just an old Roku I don't know probably first gen.