Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 07:44 PM
Subject: Question about the Groups.io forum

I realize that we have people participating here via e-mail list and others, like myself, using the Groups.io website specific to this forum.  This would apply strictly to online forum access.

Is there any way to make threads show with messages in reverse chronological order - newest first?   As threads get longer and longer it becomes more and more tedious to work through the pages, and I generally am looking only for the last several contributions since I've read the earlier ones on threads I follow anyway.  This setting is available on many online forums, but I cannot seem to locate it here.  But the fact that I can't locate it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If there's a way to make the threads be presented with the newest messages first, working back to the oldest, I'd love to hear what that is.

Brian

Dave,

        Uh, they don't for me.  Your reply is directly below mine, not above mine, on the Groups.io site for the JFW forum.  That's newest on the bottom.  On threads that span several pages the newest message, as they display for me, is always on the last page, so I have to go to the bottom of the first page, move to the next page, go to the bottom of that page, move to the next page, lather rinse repeat.

        If they're showing up newest first for you at least that gives me hope that there is a setting, somewhere, that I can set to make this happen for me.

Brian

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I like it the way it is - last on top. I probably would get off the list, if I had to wade through the threads to the latest one at the bottom or jump to the bottom and work up to the first of the last message.

Bye for now,

Carolyn