moderated Software there can record picture and sound from JAWS

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi everyone

I look after a software there can record picture and sound from JAWS. This is because I should record some pictures and sounds about what there happen in a special web formula with JAWS activated.

Do you have heard about a software there can do that?

I have found a software called Camtasia from https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia, but I not have an idea about the accessibility for blind users in this software.

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

Ashleigh Piccinino

What about Studio Recorder? I know it records audio of JAWS, or I think it does anyway. I don’t know about the pictures, though.

On Aug 16, 2019, at 6:35 AM, Anders Boholdt-Petersen <english_correspondences@...> wrote:

Hi everyone

I look after a software there can record picture and sound from JAWS. This is because I should record some pictures and sounds about what there happen in a special web formula with JAWS activated.

Do you have heard about a software there can do that?

I have found a software called Camtasia from https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia, but I not have an idea about the accessibility for blind users in this software.

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

Steve Matzura

Camtasia is OK, but I had a lot of difficulty configuring it and making it work to the point where the video was actually usable. Either too big or too small, sometimes I recorded and got blank (black) screens, so I uninstalled it.

OBS Studio is what you need. Do you want to also record your own voice to narrate along with JAWS?Then you need a mixer to mix JAWS audio with a microphone.

On 8/16/2019 10:26 AM, Ashleigh Piccinino wrote:
What about Studio Recorder? I know it records audio of JAWS, or I think it does anyway. I don’t know about the pictures, though.

On Aug 16, 2019, at 6:35 AM, Anders Boholdt-Petersen <english_correspondences@...> wrote:

Hi everyone

I look after a software there can record picture and sound from JAWS. This is because I should record some pictures and sounds about what there happen in a special web formula with JAWS activated.

Do you have heard about a software there can do that?

I have found a software called Camtasia from https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia, but I not have an idea about the accessibility for blind users in this software.

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

Kelly <kelly@...>

Hi,

Depending on the computer, you can also use the Windows Game Bar to do this recording.  From the application where you want to record, press win+g.  You may have to answer a check box saying to treat the app like a game.  Then you can use win+alt+r to start and stop recording.  There are also options to include the microphone.

This requires Windows 10 but it is what I use most often these days.

Kelly

[...]

JM Casey

Neat. That game bar turns out to be more useful than I at first thought. I knew you can take screenshots with it, but was unaware it had a record feature. Makes sense, though. There are so many PC game playthrougs on youtube and I suppose nowadays a lot of them probably use this method.

[...]

I didn't even know what that Game Bar feature even did! I've heard tell that it gets in the way of OBS Studio sometimes, but what it's there fore, I never knew.

On 8/16/2019 4:09 PM, JM Casey wrote:

[...]

The other nice thing about the Game Bar recording is that by default it records just the active window so items from other windows you might have open won’t appear.  As I said for me, it has become my go to way for making screen recordings.

Kelly

[...]

I think maybe a short audio demo/tutorial on this would be most helpful. Is it possible, for example, to change the source of the audio, or are we stuck with whatever comes through the default Windows audio device? If this works well and is reliable, then maybe things like OBS Studio wouldn't be necessary. I would much prefer something where I can talk along with what my screenreader is saying so I can explain what's about to happen, or what is happening, as I demonstrate.

On 8/17/2019 7:21 AM, Kelly wrote:

The other nice thing about the Game Bar recording is that by default it records just the active window so items from other windows you might have open won’t appear.  As I said for me, it has become my go to way for making screen recordings.

Kelly

Kelly <kelly@...>

Hi,

You can include microphone input in what you record.  I do not think you can change the audio source from the system defaults but if you were to change say your default microphone that should work.

I’ll try and make an audio demo of using this in the next few days.

Kelly

I think maybe a short audio demo/tutorial on this would be most helpful. Is it possible, for example, to change the source of the audio, or are we stuck with whatever comes through the default Windows audio device? If this works well and is reliable, then maybe things like OBS Studio wouldn't be necessary. I would much prefer something where I can talk along with what my screenreader is saying so I can explain what's about to happen, or what is happening, as I demonstrate.

On 8/17/2019 7:21 AM, Kelly wrote:

The other nice thing about the Game Bar recording is that by default it records just the active window so items from other windows you might have open won’t appear.  As I said for me, it has become my go to way for making screen recordings.

Kelly

Richard Turner

I was curious about this, so I did a little searching.

I noticed that on my system, Game bar is off, so you may need to go into settings and enable the features you want, but here is an article about generic use of the Game Bar at least so far as Xbox is concerned, but it looks like you can choose to use it wherever you want.

https://www.polygon.com/2015/7/31/9081715/windows-10-game-bar-how-to-record-screen-video

HTH,

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.