From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: temporarily increasing/decreasing speech rate question

Hi:

Is the insert + pg up/dwn key presses simultaneous or done in sequence?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Mike B.

Hi David,

It's not the Insert key you press.  Hold the,Control & Alt keys down together and press pageup or pagedown.
Control, alt, + page up or down for temporary changes.

Control, alt, windows key, + page up or down for permanent changes.

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Hi:

Is the insert + pg up/dwn key presses simultaneous or done in sequence?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hello Mike:

Have confirmed that it’s the alt + Cntrl + page up/down keys that accomplish this change.  Thanks for the info.

Being from State of MA(originally), have to stick with the BoSox.

One more question:  Each time I install a Jaws update, it “wipes out” my Google Chrome(keyboard) shortcut while a couple of others I have remain unaffected.  Any thoughts?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Hi:

Is the insert + pg up/dwn key presses simultaneous or done in sequence?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Of course it is an alt=+control shortcut!  Thank you for pointing this out, as I was obviously not thinking at all.

Now, on to your shortcut question: this seems a bit mystifying.  How was your Google Chrome shortcut created, and how were the shortcuts that survive the update created?  I definitely have no problem of JAWS updates impacting windows shortcut keys!

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Hi:

Is the insert + pg up/dwn key presses simultaneous or done in sequence?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Onwardbob

Hey Mike I gave that "Control, alt, windows key, + page up or down for
permanent changes"a try and couldn't get it to work. What up?

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

It's not the Insert key you press. Hold the,Control & Alt keys down
together and press pageup or pagedown.
Control, alt, + page up or down for temporary changes.

Control, alt, windows key, + page up or down for permanent changes.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that
somebody screwed up.
From: Sieghard Weitzel [mailto:sieghard@live.ca]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, August 15, 2019, 11:25 AM