From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws update

 Just got off the phone with Freedom Scientific tech support. They have major problems with the latest update of Jaws 2019. Cannot even do a repair. They sent me back to using Jaws 2018 and told me this is my only solution until they get a patch. If it were me I would not do the update

Hi Dan,

I think you would have to be a bit more specific as to what is happening on your PC and why you can’t do a repair etc.

“They have major problems with the latest update” would definitely need to be defined more narrowly because as far as I am concerned (and I am on the Jaws beta list and have been using this update for the last 2 weeks) there are certainly no “major problems” which affect all users.

I run Jaws 2019.1907.31 on my laptop at home and on 4 PC’s at work and I have no significant issues on any of them, there were never any installation issues or anything like that.

Also, if there really is an issue with this update, why not simply go back to the Jaws 2019 June update, did you not have Jaws 2019 installed before at all? If you were using Jaws 2019 before this update and it worked there is no reason why you couldn’t go back to that version.