moderated I can't subscribe to the Braille User's list.

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I tried to subscribe to the braille user’s email list using the link someone gave.  I got an undeliverable message.  What do I do?  I’d like to get on the list.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin and Jilly

Richard Turner

Apparently, the subscription address is case sensitive. I tried using the link that was sent and got a bounce.
try braille-display-users+subscribe@groups.io

HTH,

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)
www.turner42.com

On Aug 3, 2019, at 5:18 PM, Kevin Minor <kminor65@...> wrote:

Hi.

I tried to subscribe to the braille user’s email list using the link someone gave.  I got an undeliverable message.  What do I do?  I’d like to get on the list.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin and Jilly

Joseph Hudson

Yeah I've heard about braille note users list, but I haven't heard about braille users list yet is that the one that you're referring to?

On Aug 3, 2019, at 7:18 PM, Kevin Minor <kminor65@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi.

I tried to subscribe to the braille user’s email list using the link someone gave. I got an undeliverable message. What do I do? I’d like to get on the list.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin and Jilly

That's one of the advantages of learning at least the rudiments of the Groups.io website.  It makes it very easy to use the "Find or Create a Group" function at the top of every page.   The addresses for the Braille Display Users Group are

which has been active up through earlier this evening.

There is also a group dedicated strictly to the BrailleMe  (which hasn't seen any fresh activity since December 2018):

         ~ Eric Hoffer

JM Casey

Huh..ok, sorry about that. I was typing the address from memory.

Apparently, the subscription address is case sensitive. I tried using the link that was sent and got a bounce.

HTH,

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

On Aug 3, 2019, at 5:18 PM, Kevin Minor <kminor65@...> wrote:

Hi.

I tried to subscribe to the braille user’s email list using the link someone gave.  I got an undeliverable message.  What do I do?  I’d like to get on the list.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin and Jilly

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Actually, I don’t think the problem was a case sensitivity issue. the first incorrect address was given as:

braille-displays-users+subscribe@groups.io

The correct address is:

braille-display-users+subscribe@groups.io

As you can see, display does not have an S at the end, and that was what was gumming up the works.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Huh..ok, sorry about that. I was typing the address from memory.

Apparently, the subscription address is case sensitive. I tried using the link that was sent and got a bounce.

HTH,

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

On Aug 3, 2019, at 5:18 PM, Kevin Minor <kminor65@...> wrote:

Hi.

I tried to subscribe to the braille user’s email list using the link someone gave.  I got an undeliverable message.  What do I do?  I’d like to get on the list.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin and Jilly

By the way, the Braille Display User's group home page explicitly states:

           Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.

under its Group Settings section.   This means that subscriptions will wait until a moderator or the group owner clears them, so don't expect a "virtually instant" response saying you're subscribed to the group when you send a subscription request e-mail.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Kevin Minor

Hi Brian.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected.  I’ll wait until I’m approved.