Topics

moderated Using the built-in mail app in Windows10?

ann

Hi,

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Walker, Michael E

Ann,

http://www.freedomscientific.com/ has information on Windows 10 Mail as part of the FSCast podcast.

Best wishes,
Mike

Michael E. Walker
Programmer/Analyst: HR, SSG & Corporate Systems
The Boeing Company
Work: (314) 563-6501
Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Randy Barnett

Yes, People do use it. But in my opinion Thunderbird is much more accessible. I have tried the mail app and it iscombersome and not nearly as easy to use as Thunderbird.

On 7/30/2019 9:11 AM, ann wrote:
Hi,

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Walker, Michael E

People who find Mail cumbersome to use may benefit from looking at Microsoft's documentation on it. Don't quote me on it, but JAWS may have help documentation on it under something like Popular Applications with JAWS.

Mike

On 7/30/2019 9:11 AM, ann wrote:
Hi,

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail
app that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all
I've managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the
screen with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than
Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems
like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Melissa Stott

Yes, I use the mail app all of the time.  Takes some getting use to, but it is accessible.

Melissa

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app

that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've

managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen

with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Melissa Stott

I should mention though, that if you want to add your signature, that is not very accessible.

Melissa

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app

that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've

managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen

with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

ann

For me, this app is completely inaccessible with JFW. I can't do a single tihng with it. I still can't even get past the screen with the Add Account button. nothing makes that disappear even though it told me my Gmail account had been added.

~Ann

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 05:32 PM, Melissa Stott wrote:

I should mention though, that if you want to add your signature, that is not very accessible.

Melissa

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app

that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've

managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen

with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Shirley Tracy

I use Windows Mail for my Gmail account. It isn’t perfect, but it works for me. I think it is easier to use than Gmail—but Gmail offers more. I just want quick and easy.

Shirley Tracy

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app

that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've

managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen

with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Have you called FS tech support or Microsoft Accessibility? Either one might be able to help.

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app

that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've

managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen

with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Walker, Michael E

Good call. Call FS tech support first, since JAWS is what you are asking about. Make sure you have your version of JAWS and serial number handy.

Have you called FS tech support or Microsoft Accessibility? Either one might be able to help.

Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail app

that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all I've

managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the screen

with the Add Account button.

If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

Thanks,

~Ann

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Hi I can tab around the dialog box in the signature box, and I do have trouble getting to the edit box to put in your signature.

Kenny Peyatt JR.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 7/30/2019 9:11 AM, ann wrote:

> Hi,

> Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail

> app that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all

> I've managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the

> screen with the Add Account button.

> If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

> Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

> like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

> Thanks,

> ~Ann

inamuddin khan

This is a long time issue and Microsoft is not ready to listen us.

The matter of fact is that whenever I tried to contact with disability answer desk about this problem, they say that I need to reinstall my windows 10.

The matter of fact is that they do not recognize the fact that this issue is an issue of accessibility related.

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Join me with my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on my twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

On 7/30/2019 9:11 AM, ann wrote:

> Hi,

> Using the latest version of Jaws with latest Windows10. Is the mail

> app that comes with Windows10 at all usable with Jaws? So far, all

> I've managed to do is add an account, but now I can't get past the

> screen with the Add Account button.

> If it isn't accessible, what other email clients, other than

> Thunderbird, can people recommend? I cold use Outlook,b ut that seems

> like such overkill when all I want to do is get my email.

> Thanks,

> ~Ann

Randy Barnett

Have you tried Thunderbird?