moderated JFW18 and Tabs within a Text Editor

Dani Pagador

Hi, Everyone.
I'm working through the JFW Scripting manual and am wondering if it's
possible to have JFW announce tabs within a text document. I'm on
Chapter 9 and have to write If-Then statements, and have to indent
some of the script lines. JFW doesn't seem to announce tabs when I use
the reading commands to review the manual, and the tabbed lines don't
seem to show on my Braille display.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dani

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Not sure if this will help: press insert +6 then under Text ProcessingGeneralcheck the box for Say Indented Characters. It is item 17 in my case.

On 7/29/2019 5:28 PM, Dani Pagador wrote:
Hi, Everyone.
I'm working through the JFW Scripting manual and am wondering if it's
possible to have JFW announce tabs within a text document. I'm on
Chapter 9 and have to write If-Then statements, and have to indent
some of the script lines. JFW doesn't seem to announce tabs when I use
the reading commands to review the manual, and the tabbed lines don't
seem to show on my Braille display.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dani

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

What editor are you using? I use notepad++. I press the keys alt and the delete key on the numpad. This tells me how far in it is from the left which is the first number. In notepad++ it doesent tell you in inches. It would say something like 150,235. Then when I want to go farther to the left I tab, press the keys alt and delete key on the numpad and it will be a larger number telling me it is indented farther to the left.