moderated Notifications in Windows10

ann

Hi,

I'm running latest Windows10 with the latest version of Jaws. How can i act on a notification in Windows10? I know about hitting Windows+a and getting the list of notifications to appear, but then when one says click here, how do I activate that notification? Pressing enter or the Space bar often just takes me to a Clear Al Notification button.

Thanks for any help,

~Ann

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

there are also notifications that go away in 5 seconds if you dont press windows + shift + V. As for alerts in the alert center clicking on the actual item should get you into the app to interact with it.

On 7/29/2019 4:10 PM, ann wrote:
Hi,

I'm running latest Windows10 with the latest version of Jaws. How can i act on a notification in Windows10? I know about hitting Windows+a and getting the list of notifications to appear, but then when one says click here, how do I activate that notification? Pressing enter or the Space bar often just takes me to a Clear Al Notification button.

Thanks for any help,

~Ann

Hi,
Press Windows+Shift+V to move focus to the given notification and interact with it.
Cheers,
Joseph

I'm running latest Windows10 with the latest version of Jaws. How can i act on a notification in Windows10? I know about hitting Windows+a and getting the list of notifications to appear, but then when one says click here, how do I activate that notification? Pressing enter or the Space bar often just takes me to a Clear Al Notification button.

Thanks for any help,

~Ann

Hi,
As a follow-up, if it hasn't been done already, I'll post a note or two regarding interacting with notifications on the fly (not here, but on a more dedicated list).
Cheers,
Joseph

Press Windows+Shift+V to move focus to the given notification and interact with it.
Cheers,
Joseph

I'm running latest Windows10 with the latest version of Jaws. How can i act on a notification in Windows10? I know about hitting Windows+a and getting the list of notifications to appear, but then when one says click here, how do I activate that notification? Pressing enter or the Space bar often just takes me to a Clear Al Notification button.

Thanks for any help,

~Ann

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

What do you mean by a "More dedicated list"? Why not here?

On 7/29/2019 4:20 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Because it is very general enough that it doesn't matter which screen reader is in use.
Cheers,
Joseph