Topics

moderated Notifications Window Really Getting Annoying

David Bailes

Hi Steve,
just to add to what Bill has already said.
Focus assist is exactly what you're looking for. When it's on, banner notifications don't appear, but notifications still appear in the Action centre. This assumes that the writers of a program sending notifications are playing by the rules, but hopefully most will be doing so.
So just set focus assist to alarms only. As well as being able to do this in the settings app, you can also change the focus assist setting using the context menu of the action center icon in the notification area (system tray).
If you need any more information of focus assist, then in the notifications section of the following guide, there's a sub section on focus assist:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Taskbar-10-Guide.html

David.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 02:29 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:

Right. But nobody can tell me how to turn it off yet keep things like the Actions Center active so I can read things when want to.

On 7/27/2019 4:05 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

I have never used this feature but As far as I can tell it focus’s on any notification that appears whilst in another app

I think this may be on by default so this may be your issue or it may not

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Steve.

On Windows 10, Focus assist is a handy feature that allows you to minimize or completely stop notifications when you need to stay focused to get work done,

or you want to avoid interruptions during a presentation or while playing an exciting game.

Focus assist isn't a new feature with the

Windows 10 April 2018 update (version 1803),

and it was previously known as Quiet hours. However, with a new name, you're now getting new options to customize the experience, including the ability

to automatically pick those times when you don't want to be bothered with automatic rules.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...