moderated OneNote 2013 with JAWS 2019 Questions

Walker, Michael E

Hi,

What is the fastest way I can get up and running reading OneNote documents with OneNote 2013 and JAWS 2019? The context for this question is that when I am at work, the teammate doing knowledge transfer with me pulls up a OneNote with the information. I am trying to help him understand JAWS. He thinks that if I just play with OneNote, I will learn it, but I also explained that there can be accessibility commands, depending on the app I am using, and “jumping in” can be a learning curve of its own. I do not have a lot of time to look at documentation for how to use OneNote or other programs, while he is just wanting me to be able to look at content within the program. I do not need to edit the OneNote either. I just need to be able to read it. What tips do you have for getting started?

Thank you,

Mike

Patricia

Hi Michael:

Not sure if you've managed to get your questions addressed in the
meantime, but I would recommend starting with OneNote scripts made my
Do It Blind. They can be found at https://doitblind.com/shop/

Hopefully your tech department can get them installed for you. (I
wasn't as successful).

I, too, thoughtI was going to have to start working with OneNote 2013,
but it never materialized. I also found this in my google search, and
would argue it's more current. http://www.hartgen.org/blog/1

Either way, you'll need scripts, and won't be able to use OneNote out
of the box, as it were.

Best of luck. If you do get up and running, write me off list and let
me know how that went. Will be useful for future reference.

Best,

Patricia

On 7/24/19, Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@boeing.com> wrote:
[...]

Swati Sinha

Hi,
Try these short cuts for one note.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/keyboard-shortcuts-in-onenote-for-windows-44b8b3f4-c274-4bcc-a089-e80fdcc87950

The most accessible version for one note is Version 16001.12026.20000.0
and can be downloaded from Win 10 Microsoft Store.
For reading purpose, you can even use the "immerssive reader tool"
available in ribbon> view.

Hope this is helpful.
Regards,
Swati Sinha

--
when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has
a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great