Topics

moderated can jaws read page numbers using adobe acrobat reader DC?

marvin kotler

Good evening listers; how do you get jaws to read a page number in adobe acrobat reader DC?I do not use this program much, that is why I am asking.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Bill White

From what I’ve been able to determine: No. Besides that, once Adobe DC Reader has performed OCR on the text document, page numbers won’t match the original document, anyway.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Good evening listers; how do you get jaws to read a page number in adobe acrobat reader DC?I do not use this program much, that is why I am asking.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Bill-all,

I think this is not right, regarding documents that have come out as .pdfs, saz printed books etc. It maz be though so for scanned documents. I am not insisting on this, but this is mz view. How I got to know this_ I am asked to review a conference volume for a prestigious Greek journal of mz profession. When referring to a new article, I am checking the table of content for the first page and the first page of the following article. A new article usuallz starts in a new page. I discovered a mistake bz one of the authors, so I opened the pdf document and hit the jaws find )jawskezücontrüfÖ. The result came instantlz, I mean the place which I wanted to comment on, and, to mz delight, pagination was also showing. Although I cannot be 1öö% certain of it being the same as with the printed volume, it was certainlz within its table of contents range, and prettz well where it should be. I need to saz that I am not reading for the review the pdf document, but have created a word document for a simple reason. Within pdfs, I have not found a waz of reading notes at their appropriate place, whereas in word, once a footnote is showing, I can immediatelz look at it.

                                                                Hope all this helps,

                                                Greetings from Greece,

                                                                Takis

Good evening listers; how do you get jaws to read a page number in adobe acrobat reader DC?I do not use this program much, that is why I am asking.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi Marvin,

If you press CTRL + Shift + N, you will be placed in an edit box where you can type a page number, and then press enter to jump to the page number you typed in. Before you type a number though, the number of the page you are currently on will be in the edit field. This is how I check to see what page I am currently on. So, just press CTRL + Shift + N and you will see the page number you are on. Then press escape to close the "Go to page" dialogue box.

Hope this helps.

Russell

On Jul 21, 2019, at 5:01 PM, marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Good evening listers; how do you get jaws to read a page number in adobe acrobat reader DC?I do not use this program much, that is why I am asking.
Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

David Kingsbury

Hello,

You can read page numbers in two ways. Control Shift N is the Go To command for JAWS with Acrobat Reader. Hit this and you can hear the current page number as well as use it to navigate to other pages.

You can also bring up the status bar by first hitting Insert F4, and then hitting Inserrt Page Down. JAWS will say something like 1/8, indicating that you are on the first of a total of 8 pages. It is only necessary to hit Insert F4 the first time in a given session. Inserrt Page Down by itself will work for accessing it subsequent times during that session.

Regards,

David