Topics

moderated How do I access what JAWS/Narrator says is "new notification"?

Tim Ford

With either JAWS or Narrator, I am getting a prompt of a “new notification”, but I cannot figure out a way to access the notification.  Any ideas on where the notification originates, and how to deal with it?

Tim Ford

Tim Ford

Hello All,

I think I may have figured out this “new notification” issue.  I went to the Action Center, and there were several notifications, none of them anything that seemed to be a security issue, but mainly notices of news items from Google.  While in the Action Center, I was able to easily read the message text.  Did I figure this out, or is the “new notification” coming from some other source?

Tim Ford

With either JAWS or Narrator, I am getting a prompt of a “new notification”, but I cannot figure out a way to access the notification.  Any ideas on where the notification originates, and how to deal with it?

Tim Ford

The Iowa Gal <iowagal728@...>

I find the new notification announcements very disruptive. Can anyone tell me how to disable this feature? Is it under Windows Defender?

I think I may have figured out this “new notification” issue.  I went to the Action Center, and there were several notifications, none of them anything that seemed to be a security issue, but mainly notices of news items from Google.  While in the Action Center, I was able to easily read the message text.  Did I figure this out, or is the “new notification” coming from some other source?

Tim Ford

With either JAWS or Narrator, I am getting a prompt of a “new notification”, but I cannot figure out a way to access the notification.  Any ideas on where the notification originates, and how to deal with it?

Tim Ford

Ben King <benmartinking@...>

Hey Tim,

I use Narrator full-time and I always go to the actions Center! You figured it out nice job!

On July 20, 2019 1:59:10 PM "Tim Ford" <ttford@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I think I may have figured out this “new notification” issue.  I went to the Action Center, and there were several notifications, none of them anything that seemed to be a security issue, but mainly notices of news items from Google.  While in the Action Center, I was able to easily read the message text.  Did I figure this out, or is the “new notification” coming from some other source?

Tim Ford

With either JAWS or Narrator, I am getting a prompt of a “new notification”, but I cannot figure out a way to access the notification.  Any ideas on where the notification originates, and how to deal with it?

Tim Ford

Steve Matzura

Sometimes there are notifications that don't show up in the Windows Actions Center. Sometimes I hear "new notification," and the Actions Center is empty, but I still hear it.  OCR doesn't work either. I keep hoping with every major update of Windows 10 that there will be a fix for this. However, these phantom notifications have always been advertisements for Windows of some form or other, never anything important. But they do show up.

On 7/21/2019 3:15 AM, Ben King wrote:
[...]

Bill White

Try WinKey plus SHIFT plus V just after the notification is voiced. If the notification goes away too quickly, go into Control Panel>Easy Access>Use the computer without a display, and set notifications to stay on the screen for a longer time. I use 30 seconds.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...