Topics

moderated indeed.com inability to use website

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Bill White

I don't know if this will help, but try exiting and restarting JAWS to see if this will help with navigation of the web page.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Jay <jcoffin@...>

Hi rick,
When this happens, have you tried to restart jaws and see if anything changes? Try that and if no change happens, email me off list and I'll try to assist you further.
Thanks.
Jay.

On Jul 20, 2019, at 1:02 PM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.
I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Cristóbal

I'm on the other end looking for people for my business and at least for me, the process is accessible.

[...]

Ann Byrne

Try NVDA. It seems to work better with form fields in Indeed.com.

At 02:15 PM 7/20/2019, you wrote:
[...]

Hi Bill, no change after closing and re-opening jaws.

[...]

Randy Barnett

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

[...]

This is a problem with all browsers. Using the touch cursor? Perhaps my definition of the jaws or pc cursor is and has been used. Failed with both. If touch cursor is different, I've truly never heard of this, please explain.

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Randy Barnett

If the PC and Jaws cursors fail this is the new cursor to try and keep up with the current tech.

The Touch cursor is activated by pressing shift and the plus key on the numpad at the same time. This cursor is required more and more. Now use the left and right arrow keys to navigate like swiping left and right on a IPhone. use space bar or enter to activate items.On 7/22/2019 1:06 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:

Hi,

This is a problem with all browsers. Using the touch cursor? Perhaps my definition of the jaws or pc cursor is and has been used. Failed with both. If touch cursor is different, I've truly never heard of this, please explain.

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

[...]

I went to the website, went to apply to any job and when the screen came up that cannot be used, I went to the touch cursor. How do I navigate to the fields to enter information and then to upload my resume etc.?? the arrow keys mentioned did nothing by hitting right or left arrow key...

Thanks,

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Ann Byrne

On my student's computer, NVDA reads the parts JAWS will not, allowing him to fill out the form fields. Maybe try Narrator too.
tAt 04:04 PM 7/22/2019, you wrote:
If the PC and Jaws cursors fail this is the new cursor to try and keep up with the current tech.

The Touch cursor is activated by pressing shift and the plus key on the numpad at the same time. This cursor is required more and more. Now use the left and right arrow keys to navigate like swiping left and right on a IPhone. use space bar or enter to activate items.On 7/22/2019 1:06 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:

Hi,

This is a problem with all browsers. Using the touch cursor? Perhaps my definition of the jaws or pc cursor is and has been used. Failed with both. If touch cursor is different, I've truly never heard of this, please explain.

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Randy Barnett

No guarantee that the touch cursor  will work. as for navigating with the touch cursor you need to use the 4 pack of arrows not the number pad arrows. You should hear a tone with each key press if there isn't anything under the cursor and a description if there is something there.

On 7/22/2019 2:32 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi,

I went to the website, went to apply to any job and when the screen came up that cannot be used, I went to the touch cursor. How do I navigate to the fields to enter information and then to upload my resume etc.?? the arrow keys mentioned did nothing by hitting right or left arrow key...

Thanks,

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

James Homuth

Am I the only person who doesn't have an issue on Indeed? I must have applied to like half a dozen jobs on that site this week. Or is the fact I'm on the north side of the US/Canada border what saves me from the madness? I still use the .com version, though, as there's no indeed.ca that I know of.

I went to the website, went to apply to any job and when the screen came up that cannot be used, I went to the touch cursor. How do I navigate to the fields to enter information and then to upload my resume etc.?? the arrow keys mentioned did nothing by hitting right or left arrow key...

Thanks,

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Shane Davidson

Nope your not, because I was literally just their and applied for like 10 jobs this week.

Am I the only person who doesn't have an issue on Indeed? I must have applied to like half a dozen jobs on that site this week. Or is the fact I'm on the north side of the US/Canada border what saves me from the madness? I still use the .com version, though, as there's no indeed.ca that I know of.

I went to the website, went to apply to any job and when the screen came up that cannot be used, I went to the touch cursor. How do I navigate to the fields to enter information and then to upload my resume etc.?? the arrow keys mentioned did nothing by hitting right or left arrow key...

Thanks,

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Randy Barnett

What screen reader do you guys use with the site?

On 7/22/2019 4:26 PM, James Homuth wrote:
Am I the only person who doesn't have an issue on Indeed? I must have applied to like half a dozen jobs on that site this week. Or is the fact I'm on the north side of the US/Canada border what saves me from the madness? I still use the .com version, though, as there's no indeed.ca that I know of.

I went to the website, went to apply to any job and when the screen came up that cannot be used, I went to the touch cursor. How do I navigate to the fields to enter information and then to upload my resume etc.?? the arrow keys mentioned did nothing by hitting right or left arrow key...

Thanks,

Rick

Have you tried the touch cursor? Or other browsers and yes even IE 11?

On 7/20/2019 12:02 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi all,

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

James Homuth

JAWS latest 2019 build, and latest Chrome build.

[...]

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Randy Barnett

Well, that makes it hard to fix his issue then...

On 7/22/2019 4:38 PM, James Homuth wrote:
[...]

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Rick Mladek

I have tried all browsers latest versions to no avail

[...]

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Rick Mladek

I have again used all browsers to no avail. latest 2019 jaws and windows 10.

[...]

From time to time, I jump on indeed.com and apply to jobs here and there.

I went to apply for a job and clicked on the apply button, no problem at this point. Now, when the page opened that had you put your name, email, phone number, attach your resume and copy/paste a cover letter... this page is not working where jaws reads it. I only am hearing the page I am on and arrowing or tabbing does nothing to move to these points as mentioned. Even hitting the letter e to go to an edit field is not working.

Any help surely appreciated.

Using Jaws 2019 latest update
Windows 10 all up to date
this happens on firefox, internet explorer and google crome...

This was not a problem the last time I was on this site, before the last update, July 2019, I believe last update...

I look forward to your help, ideas etc...

Rick

Randy Barnett

Frustrating when this happens. There are billions of lines of code involved in this and it only takes one error to screw things up.

You may have to just settle for using NVDA or Narrator.

or reinstall jaws if still not working reinstall windows and jaws or live with it.

Sorry but that is all I can think of...