Topics

moderated Setting the any link hotkey in Jaws 2019

Richard Turner

I’ve lost where to find the any link keystroke.  I had it set to use l for next link before I tried starting over with Jaws and of course forgot to export my user settings first….

I’ve spent too much time trying to find it in the plethora of jaws settings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Richard

John Covici

Hit Jaws key+f2 and down arrow to navigation quick keys and hit enter
and the setting you want is near the end of that list.

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 11:23:32 -0400,
Richard Turner wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
I’ve lost where to find the any link keystroke. I had it set to use l for next link before I tried starting over with Jaws and of course forgot to export my user settings first….

I’ve spent too much time trying to find it in the plethora of jaws settings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Richard

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from
Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

There are only 16 items in that list of navigation quick keys if I follow your instructions and the last 9 are heading level 1 through 9, I didn't see anything about a quick key for AnyLink.

Richard Turner wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>] I've lost where to find
the any link keystroke. I had it set to use l for next link before I tried starting over with Jaws and of course forgot to export my user settings first....

I've spent too much time trying to find it in the plethora of jaws settings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject
of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Maria Campbell

You have to enter on quick navigation keys first.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

Thank you Maria.
It is the 38th key and by setting it to l, which is the only logical key for links in my very biased mind, it replaces the List hotkey, which I never use anyway, so problem solved.

Richard Turner wrote:
[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>] I've lost where to find
the any link keystroke. I had it set to use l for next link before I tried starting over with Jaws and of course forgot to export my user settings first....

I've spent too much time trying to find it in the plethora of jaws settings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Check out my web site at:
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&
amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C9c43d4b455fb4867e4d908d70d2b4fc3%7C84df9e7fe9f6
40afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636992351973598443&amp;sdata=PpwKgeI6y
fj2H84t%2FQ%2F3ZJ4RJTwmxIMSxK2TX9M588c%3D&amp;reserved=0

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject
of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

I still don't get it. If I press Jaws Key + F2 and go to Navigation
Quick keys and press enter I get a list of 16 items.

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com “The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

I get a list of 39 items.

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

Hi Sieghard,
Here is the Jaws speech history for what I get with insert+f2, then n for navigation quick keys and hitting enter

Run JAWS Manager dialog
List1 List view
Commands Search
1 of 17
Navigation Quick Keys
List1 List view
10 of 17
Navigation Quick Key Manager dialog
List view
Anchor
Unassigned
1 of 39

HTH,

Check out my web site at: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf3fa4e4e5e3d4aec04e108d70d301c7f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636992372593672843&amp;sdata=34EFkCb5AR77S6ek9hPSYfoUNfzuyMz%2FpgQoQmBJoow%3D&amp;reserved=0 “The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

Rick Mladek

Hi, I followed the directions and once I hit the navigation key, I, too, only have 16 options with the last 9 being labled only one through nine.

Windows 10, Jaws 2019 latest update...

Rick

&
amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C9c43d4b455fb4867e4d908d70d2b4fc3%7C84df9e7fe9f
6
40afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636992351973598443&amp;sdata=PpwKgeI6
fj2H84t%2FQ%2F3ZJ4RJTwmxIMSxK2TX9M588c%3D&amp;reserved=0

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the
subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Rick Mladek

Yes, I now have it all... Thank you again...

Richard Turner wrote:
[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>] I've lost where to find
the any link keystroke. I had it set to use l for next link before I tried starting over with Jaws and of course forgot to export my user settings first....

I've spent too much time trying to find it in the plethora of jaws settings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject
of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Bill White

I think it depends on which browser you are using if you want to get that any link key, and you must have the browser loaded at the time you do the INSERT plus F2 command.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

I had no b browser loaded at the time.
But, maybe it matters which is set as your default?
I have Firefox as my default.
I don't know, just glad it works now.

[...]

https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&a
mp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cb5eb617442484c55357b08d70d340a9e%7C84df9e7fe9f640
afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636992389469256838&amp;sdata=Ez4a0fh28XVJ
BFxtzHEUgFckawcDib1NHiEdKlRS9KM%3D&amp;reserved=0 “The Hitch Hiker's

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

No.  That's not so.  I didn't have a browser open.  I did it right from my inbox of my email program.

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

My default browser is IE11, if that makes any difference.

Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

When I do it there are 39 entries and anylink is right near the end.

Richard Turner wrote:

[...]

Zel Iscel

What doesthe any link hotkey do?

Zel Iscel
Inclusive World
Principle Consultant

Mobile: +61 0413813885
Email: zel@...

Richard Turner wrote:

[...]

JAWS has default hotkeys for unvisited and visited links, or you can tab from link to link; or you can define the Any Link hotkey so you can more easily go link to link whether it is visited or unvisited.
HTH,
Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)
www.turner42.com

Check out my web site at: https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C64d3fe83157f454d852308d70d959585%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636992808416304460&amp;sdata=TySQAe2aNtnt19C9SLZc6sWcV8VmFu5qt8L2GfUsIH8%3D&amp;reserved=0

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject
of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

I now also get 39 options, this happened when I opened Navigation Quick Keys from the desktop, if I do it here from where I write this email which I did at first I only get 16.