moderated Speech Cutting Out and Jaws not able to read what I Type

Randy Meyer

Two problems happening this evening.

First, my speech is cutting out both when using alt-tab and shift-h.

When using alt-tab Jaws is not always saying the full name of the open program.  When using shift-h to jump backwards by heading in BookShare in chrome, Jaws is not always reading the entire heading, but when I h to read by heading, I am not having a problem.

Second problem, Jaws will not read by character or word in MS word or outlook when typing a message.  It appears to be working when reading a message I receive, but not one I am typing.

I had to use narrator to type, edit, and most importantly review and read this email.

Randy Meyer

ben <swigjr23@...>

Hello Randy,

I have had this problem before, and I restarted JAWS, which seemed to fix it. If that doesn't work, you might try restarting the computer.

I can't think of anything else to try. Good luck.

Ben Swiggett

On Jul 18, 2019, at 10:27 PM, Randy Meyer <randymeyer@...> wrote:

Two problems happening this evening.

First, my speech is cutting out both when using alt-tab and shift-h.

When using alt-tab Jaws is not always saying the full name of the open program.  When using shift-h to jump backwards by heading in BookShare in chrome, Jaws is not always reading the entire heading, but when I h to read by heading, I am not having a problem.

Second problem, Jaws will not read by character or word in MS word or outlook when typing a message.  It appears to be working when reading a message I receive, but not one I am typing.

I had to use narrator to type, edit, and most importantly review and read this email.

Randy Meyer

Randy Meyer

Ben:

Restarting both Jaws and the computer has solved this for me in the past as well, but this time that wasn’t working.  The problem disappeared the next day, just as mysteriously as it started.

Thank you for the response.

Randy Meyer