moderated version number of jaws

mcLeod stinnett

--
from, mack how do I find my current version of jaws. in programs and features it says 2018, I thought I installed the newest one, thanks

Randy Barnett

Right now 2019 is the current version.

Go to about in jaws to see the build no. Bring up jaws then go to the help menu then down arrow to about jaws.

On 7/18/2019 11:31 AM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

Hello,

To check your version of JAWS, follow these steps.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter L. You should then hear the version information.

Press enter to clear this.

HTH

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Milton. When I follow the steps you gave, it says Update Activation, and
it does not give the version number.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

To check your version of JAWS, follow these steps.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS
icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter L. You should
then hear the version information.

Press enter to clear this.

HTH

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Milton. On the other hand, if I follow your steps with one change,
it does give the JAWS version information. I will outline the steps below.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS
icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter A. You should
then hear the version information.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

To check your version of JAWS, follow these steps.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS
icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter L. You should
then hear the version information.

Press enter to clear this.

HTH

Laura Richardson

Hello,

Another easy way to hear the version of Jaws is to alt + tab to Jaws, then
press the up arrow once and it will read the version of Jaws.

Laura

Hi again, Milton. On the other hand, if I follow your steps with one change,
it does give the JAWS version information. I will outline the steps below.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS
icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter A. You should then
hear the version information.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

To check your version of JAWS, follow these steps.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS
icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter L. You should then
hear the version information.

Press enter to clear this.

HTH

Hi Bill,

Correct, replace the L with an A or simply press Jaws Key + J, H for Help and then up arrow to "About".

Hi, Milton. When I follow the steps you gave, it says Update Activation, and it does not give the version number.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

To check your version of JAWS, follow these steps.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter L. You should then hear the version information.

Press enter to clear this.

HTH

Hi Laura,

The problem with your method is that it only works if you run in the taskbar. Whenever I install Jaws on a new system it is one of the first things I do to set it to run from the system tray because if I press Alt + Tab to cycle through my open applications I definitely don't need to come across Jaws in that list. Running jaws in the system tray puts it out of the way, but Jaws Key + J gets me to the menus easily enough should I need to do anything there.

Another easy way to hear the version of Jaws is to alt + tab to Jaws, then press the up arrow once and it will read the version of Jaws.

Laura

To check your version of JAWS, follow these steps.

Hold the JAWS key and press the letter J. This will put focus on the JAWS icon.

Press ALT + H which is the Help Menu and press the letter L. You should then hear the version information.

Press enter to clear this.

HTH

Mario

the version also appears if one:
presses insert+j and then insert+control+v. this opens a virtual window
with the information similar to the about dialog.