moderated Blocked shut down

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

If I have Jaws 2018, or Jaws 2019 load at login and after login, when I go to shut down or restart, the operation is blocked and there is nothing I can do other than power down.

I only had one version loading of course, but I tried with each separately.

If I use Narrator at login and after login, I can restart or shut down with no issues what so ever.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks,

Richard

Onwardbob

Hi, sometimes I get that "Block shutdown" message. tabbing takes me through
the open items MS suggests I close. More tabbbing takes me to a "shutdown
anyway" option. Enter on that and your shutdown should proceed.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

If I have Jaws 2018, or Jaws 2019 load at login and after login, when I go
to shut down or restart, the operation is blocked and there is nothing I can
do other than power down.

I only had one version loading of course, but I tried with each separately.

If I use Narrator at login and after login, I can restart or shut down with
no issues what so ever.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks,

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com <http://www.turner42.com>

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas
Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I am no longer getting the shut down anyway. I've had my wife look, and after a very short couple of seconds, it just sits there saying shutting down.
I've waited several minutes until I have to just power it off.
But, this never happens if I'm running narrator at the time of shut down.

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)
www.turner42.com

Check out my web site at: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C91a5356ab08b40c3356908d701720f42%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636979461698502362&amp;sdata=mOQfhViNS4qqRB5kNXTDNDFW2rdRzzgg5X59fnOKru0%3D&amp;reserved=0 <https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C91a5356ab08b40c3356908d701720f42%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636979461698502362&amp;sdata=xV8WxyRZ9gLKcXwGRRWw1nMcIs%2FfAuXQWhAoX7Qewrw%3D&amp;reserved=0>

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas
Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi Richard,

I've had some similar experiences.

The only way I found around it was to clear everything except JAWS from the taskbar, and then shutdown seems to work for me after that.

Keith

[...]

Thanks Keith,
But since Jaws was the only thing running, I'm going to, when I am not quite so frustrated, uninstall all FS products and reinstall.
Something is royally messed up with Jaws.
This is not the only issue.
Later,

https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc69c0529ad1341a1e20508d70178de4b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636979490943116282&amp;sdata=fjqan%2F44AQA3xA%2BDf5YlrRMHRG3t5jmRGvX5hHEE6RI%3D&amp;reserved=0

Check out my web site at: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc69c0529ad1341a1e20508d70178de4b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636979490943116282&amp;sdata=fjqan%2F44AQA3xA%2BDf5YlrRMHRG3t5jmRGvX5hHEE6RI%3D&amp;reserved=0 <https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc69c0529ad1341a1e20508d70178de4b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636979490943126290&amp;sdata=wSuIiCd8lUWvVkSEDyStUNJBy2I2THh9%2BPLb%2B4lRtvA%3D&amp;reserved=0>

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas
Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Dan Longmore

Hi Richard,

  I get this on occasion and is either caused by JAWS or a Microsoft office product or a combination of both.  I just tab to the “Shut down” anyway setting and hit enter.  All seems to be well.  At times it has been helpful if I have forgotten to save a document that I am working on and the blocked shutdown has allowed me to go back, save the work, and then shut down.

Dan

If I have Jaws 2018, or Jaws 2019 load at login and after login, when I go to shut down or restart, the operation is blocked and there is nothing I can do other than power down.

I only had one version loading of course, but I tried with each separately.

If I use Narrator at login and after login, I can restart or shut down with no issues what so ever.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Thanks Dan but I cannot get to the shut down anyway button. Jaws just goes silently into the ether.

On Jul 5, 2019, at 1:22 PM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@...> wrote:

[...]

netbat66

try this. tab once then press enter.
or just enter if you want to cancel the shutdown.

If I have Jaws 2018, or Jaws 2019 load at login and after login, when I go to shut down or restart, the operation is blocked and there is nothing I can do other than power down.

I only had one version loading of course, but I tried with each separately.

If I use Narrator at login and after login, I can restart or shut down with no issues what so ever.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks,

Richard

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Thanks, but been there done that.
Richard

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2019 1:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C6b227184ec684d2d842708d70187cccb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636979555069380799&amp;sdata=P%2FmEmRsj5gCqOvVe1qBrE8PLwbrjBZgbmdoQ2m9w2MQ%3D&amp;reserved=0

Check out my web site at: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C6b227184ec684d2d842708d70187cccb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636979555069380799&amp;sdata=P%2FmEmRsj5gCqOvVe1qBrE8PLwbrjBZgbmdoQ2m9w2MQ%3D&amp;reserved=0