Jacob

There's no newer version of IE. So even if your Firefox or Chrome is older then use them if it works.

OZ0TE Jacob

On 2019-07-04 02:25 Jerry hathaway wrote:
I am using Jaws 15 on windows 7 and IE 11. Lately when I go to some websites I get a message that my browser is invalid and they want me to choose a updated browser. I want to know if there is a fix so I can still use IE 11 or a higher upgrade to IE. I have Chrome and Firefox on my computer but they may be older versions of their programs. Any solutions to this issue will be appreciated.

Jerry

Gerald Levy

Chrome will not work with JAWS 15.?? The earliest version of JAWS that works with Chrome is JAWS 18.?? Same for the latest version of Firefox.?? It will not work with JAWS 15, either.?? I think the latest version of Firefox that works with JAWS 15 is Firefox 52 ESR, which is obsolete, although Webvisum still works with it.?? Therefore, in order to use the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox with JAWS, the best solution would be to purchase a one year license for JAWS 2019 for $90, or else switch to NVDA.?? Chrome is probably the best browser to use in most situations, although some web sites may still be more accessible with IE.?? Many users now avoid Firefox altogether, because it no longer allows third party extensions, and has become a bloated, screwed-up mess that is slow and prone to crashes and freezes.

Gerald

??

On 2019-07-04 02:25 Jerry hathaway wrote:
I am using Jaws 15 on windows 7 and IE 11. Lately when I go to some websites I get a message that my browser is invalid and they want me to choose a updated browser. I want to know if there is a fix so I can still use IE 11 or a higher upgrade to IE. I have Chrome and Firefox on my computer but they may be older versions of their programs. Any solutions to this issue will be appreciated.
??
Jerry
??

JM Casey

I still use Firefox; it does not seem particularly bloated to me  and there are many extensions for quantum versions, like uBlock Origin for instance, which I have installed. But, indeed, no webvism – which I never got to work anyway, on *any* version of Firefox – not to say that it doesn’t for some people, but it never solved a thing for me.

Firefox’s biggest problem, for me, is that it now seems to struggle with large pages, even when those pages mostly contain text and links and practically nothing but.

It’s still my preferred browser, though, and works great with most things. You’ll need a newer screen-reader though, definitely.

On 2019-07-04 02:25 Jerry hathaway wrote:

I am using Jaws 15 on windows 7 and IE 11. Lately when I go to some websites I get a message that my browser is invalid and they want me to choose a updated browser. I want to know if there is a fix so I can still use IE 11 or a higher upgrade to IE. I have Chrome and Firefox on my computer but they may be older versions of their programs. Any solutions to this issue will be appreciated.

??

Jerry

??

David Csercsics

Yes, firefox has indeed become a bit slow, and the same for thunderbird, but the trouble is that I don't really want to use google chrome because it seems less customizable than firefox and doesn't have reader mode, and I'm not sure about privacy, so I may just have to try edge. I'd like to make sure that only the people tracking me are ones that I have asked to track, but I'm not sure chrome lets you do that. And I haven't really found a good mail client either. I suppose I could use the Windows one, but it seems to have a slimmer interface, and I have a lot of thunderbird customizations, so I'm still sticking with firefox for historical reasons. I suspect a lot of others have noticed similar.

Randy Barnett

Hi, I have not had any issues with TB being slow. Although for those that have there are fixes . As it is usually a problem with the install or settings not that TB is in and of itself slow... Look for the Thunderbird group on groups.io. This group can really help.

On 7/10/2019 3:32 PM, David Csercsics wrote:
Yes, firefox has indeed become a bit slow, and the same for thunderbird, but the trouble is that I don't really want to use google chrome because it seems less customizable than firefox and doesn't have reader mode, and I'm not sure about privacy, so I may just have to try edge. I'd like to make sure that only the people tracking me are ones that I have asked to track, but I'm not sure chrome lets you do that. And I haven't really found a good mail client either. I suppose I could use the Windows one, but it seems to have a slimmer interface, and I have a lot of thunderbird customizations, so I'm still sticking with firefox for historical reasons. I suspect a lot of others have noticed similar.

Maria Campbell

Is this Thunderbird group made up of blind people?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

On 7/15/2019 2:28 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
[...]

Yes, I'm in MOD over there and I was started by Marcio. There's lots of good people rivers over 100 people and that's a fairly new group so we're doing pretty good. I'm out on a job so I can't look up the address right now I'm just using my phone. But I'm pretty sure it's Thunderbird+subscribe@groups.IO
sorry I'm using dictate on my iPhone and that's really messed up right now.
Randy Barnett owner of soundtique