Topics

moderated How can I get information about a graphic on a webpage?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019, Windows 7 and Firefox.  Suppose I have the virtual cursor on a graphic on a webpage.  Is there some JAWS keystroke I can press that will tell me some basic information about the graphic, such as its dimensions?

Thanks,

Richard

Shankar C

as for as my concern, if its just a image/graphic, you may use the
picture smart to read the information provided in the graphics.
but, if the graphic contains the link, you may expand and perform the
picture smart.

On 7/1/19, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:
Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019, Windows 7 and Firefox. Suppose I have the virtual
cursor on a graphic on a webpage. Is there some JAWS keystroke I can press
that will tell me some basic information about the graphic, such as its
dimensions?

Thanks,

Richard

----------
email: harshalgips@...
msn: harshalgips@...
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

netbat66

i think you have to use the jaws ocr on web pages not picture smart.

[...]

Cristóbal

No, you can use picture smart. It's just that it'll depend entirely on what you're trying to use it on. It's very hit or miss.
The layered command is insert+spacebar then P then C.

[...]

Exactly, if a graphic contains text only Jaws Convenient OCR may work, but if the graphic is a picture you may get much more information with Picture Smart.