From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Code For Accessibility Features

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I'm beginning to create a project in C++ with Codeblocks, and I wonder, are there specific C++ codes for creating accessibility features in a program? Also, does anybody know if there are C++ codes for creating things like buttons, checkboxes, combo boxes, hotkeys, header bars (which I think might be the same as title bars), list boxes, list views, password edits, radio buttons, sliders, text areas, text boxes, tree views, and the like? If so, where would I find them?

Annabelle Susan Morison

That's cool with me. I wasn't sure where to send it, so I thought some of you might know something about what I asked.

I’m going to forward this question to a more appropriate list that deals with programming.

Cheers,

Joseph

I'm beginning to create a project in C++ with Codeblocks, and I wonder, are there specific C++ codes for creating accessibility features in a program? Also, does anybody know if there are C++ codes for creating things like buttons, checkboxes, combo boxes, hotkeys, header bars (which I think might be the same as title bars), list boxes, list views, password edits, radio buttons, sliders, text areas, text boxes, tree views, and the like? If so, where would I find them?

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Hi,
You can check the QT framework. I've used it in python for GUIs and in V++ for console applications. The GUI framework that definitely does render accessible content is WS. QT, although the most popular, was a hit or miss for me.

On Jun 29, 2019, at 7:54 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:

That's cool with me. I wasn't sure where to send it, so I thought some of you might know something about what I asked.

I’m going to forward this question to a more appropriate list that deals with programming.

Cheers,

Joseph

I'm beginning to create a project in C++ with Codeblocks, and I wonder, are there specific C++ codes for creating accessibility features in a program? Also, does anybody know if there are C++ codes for creating things like buttons, checkboxes, combo boxes, hotkeys, header bars (which I think might be the same as title bars), list boxes, list views, password edits, radio buttons, sliders, text areas, text boxes, tree views, and the like? If so, where would I find them?

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Annabelle.  If you create a native win32 or console application with c++, No special accessibility code is needed as screen readers in general are able to interpret native windows applications quite well.  There are, however accessible enhancing libraries you could use to enhance your program's accessibility if you so wish.  Tolk is a good example.  Search for it's github page on Google for more info. Cheers!

--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;