moderated New windows 10 update & Bluetooth

Andrew Summers

Hi All,
I Have got the new up-date for windows 10 1903.
Running JAWS 19, now have a problem with my Bluetooth.
When I have connected my Bluetooth speaker or headphones, after a bit the computer becomes sluggish when I am using the keyboard.
Has any one had the same problem?
If so, what did you do to fix it?

Andrew

Chris Hill

I'd be looking for a bluetooth driver update.  This will likely involve finding something from your computer manufacturer if it came with bluetooth.

On 6/22/2019 09:50, Andrew Summers via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi All,
I Have got the new up-date for windows 10 1903.
Running JAWS 19, now have a problem with my Bluetooth.
When I have connected my Bluetooth speaker or headphones, after a bit the computer becomes sluggish when I am using the keyboard.
Has any one had the same problem?
If so, what did you do to fix it?

Andrew

And if your WiFi/Bluetooth card (they're often in combination these days) is from Intel, regardless of your computer's OEM, Intel has been churning out driver updates specifically for Windows 10 at an incredible rate of speed.  I installed the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to keep that specific driver up to date, as they have not been supplying these to the computer OEMs (or at least not yet, and they keep updating the driver).

       ~ Lauren Bacall

Chris Hill

Interesting you mention that.  I just checked on this machine which has an intel bluetooth chip, and it was running December 2018, so I told it to update driver.  Low and behold, now I have April 2019.

Thanks.

CH