moderated Can not install Jaws 2019 demo on Windows 7 64 bit what ever I do

adel akbari <adelakbari@...>

Hi.
Whenever I have tried to Install Jaws 2019 demo on my Windows 7 64 bit.
each time the installer shows this error message:

The setup failed to process the "FSVideoIntercept64" component.
Restart your computer and run the setup again. If the error continues,
contact technical support.

Code: 80070643

I tried Jaws 2019 April, May, and June release and encountered this error.
the other thing is that in the same system, Jaws 18 and older versions
installs well.
Also, I should say that I tried installing Jaws 2019 on my another
Windows 7 32 bit machine, and it installed without problem.

does anyone has any sollution for this?

Chris

Not really, but make sure you are using the 64bit installer on a 64bit machine rather than the the 32bit installer which worked on your other machine

And if that fails completely remove jaws from your machine and restart and try again

And if that fails maybe consider doing a system restore to a point when it did install or before jaws was installed initially

Other than that I have no idea as the error is so generic its impossible to find a solution

Good luck anyway

Whenever I have tried to Install Jaws 2019 demo on my Windows 7 64 bit.

each time the installer shows this error message:

The setup failed to process the "FSVideoIntercept64" component.

Restart your computer and run the setup again. If the error continues,

contact technical support.

Code: 80070643

I tried Jaws 2019 April, May, and June release and encountered this error.

the other thing is that in the same system, Jaws 18 and older versions

installs well.

Also, I should say that I tried installing Jaws 2019 on my another

Windows 7 32 bit machine, and it installed without problem.

does anyone has any sollution for this?

Richard Turner

You could always do what the error message said and contact technical support with that error message.
I suspect since Jaws 2019 has one installer that detects if your system is 32 or 64 bit; that there isn't another installer unless the demos are different.
It is probably a video driver or video card issue of some kind; but since I'm not tech support, that is likely a useless guess.
Richard

On Jun 20, 2019, at 12:26 AM, Chris via Groups.Io <chrismedley@...> wrote:

[...]

Chris Hill

Have you contacted technical support?  That is what it says to do.

On 6/20/2019 02:26, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

If you are installing Jaws 2019 32 bit and 64 bit installers should not even come into play unless you are for some reason using the offline installer.

If you have internet connectivity I highly recommend you use the current Jaws 2019.1906.10 installer which is a small download and it will correctly identify if you are using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows and install Jaws accordingly.

Best regards,

Sieghard

Whenever I have tried to Install Jaws 2019 demo on my Windows 7 64 bit.

each time the installer shows this error message:

The setup failed to process the "FSVideoIntercept64" component.

Restart your computer and run the setup again. If the error continues,

contact technical support.

Code: 80070643

I tried Jaws 2019 April, May, and June release and encountered this error.

the other thing is that in the same system, Jaws 18 and older versions

installs well.

Also, I should say that I tried installing Jaws 2019 on my another

Windows 7 32 bit machine, and it installed without problem.

does anyone has any sollution for this?

adel akbari <adelakbari@...>

Hello.
Thanks for all of your answers.
About contacting technical support, I am afraid I can not do that,
because I live in Iran and I am trying to use demo version of jaws.
does freedom scientific technical support answers to the questions
from users of demo version of jaws?
I don't think so.

2019.1906.10<http://jaws2019.vfo.digital/2019.1906.10.400/7B4440D3-D549-4F90-82BB-936902A2EE5B/J2019.1906.10-any.exe>
[...]

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Hi,

I couldn't find a solution to your exact error message but here's what I found on JAWS installation failures:

https://support.freedomscientific.com/support/technicalsupport/bulletin/1642

Diagnosing:

  1. After the installation fails, view the log file for the required component that could not be installed. If this component is unknown, it will be the last component processed which is logged in the Setup Package Log file.
  2. In the required component’s log file, look for the error which caused the install to fail. This is commonly at the bottom of the log file before the “Property” lines.
  3. If the error is 1723 or is described as “A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run”, then this is probably due to the failure of Windows installer in loading a DLL.

Solution:

For Windows 7 and 8.1:

A common cause for this problem, when it occurs on a Windows OS prior to Windows 10, is a missing Universal C Runtime update. A solution for this can be found in TSN: 90845.

For Windows 7, 8.1, or 10:

Another common cause for this problem is an invalid installation of one of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. JAWS depends on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2010, 2013 and 2015. JAWS installations preceding version 18.0.4104 also install and depend on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005.

Any one of the following are possible solutions that will correct invalid Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installations:

  • Repair the installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables through Windows Programs and Features or the Add/Remove page from the Control Panel. A repair may not always fix an invalid installation.

NOTE: In the next option, there is a risk associated with uninstalling a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. If a piece of software is currently using the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, it could fail or start behaving unexpectedly.

  • Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables through Programs and Features or the Add/Remove page from the Control Panel. Run the JAWS installer which will re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables during the installation process. You can also download and Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft website.

NOTE: The following solution would be for technical support and would only be attempted as a last resort.

  • There are known DLLs that are installed by the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Installers. These DLLs could manually be copied into their expected locations.

On 6/20/19, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
[...]

freedom Scientific usually answers questions about demo products just as they will for licensed products. If you do not try sending them an email, you will never know.
Richard

On Jun 21, 2019, at 7:09 AM, Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi and Thanks again for your attentions.
My problem has been fixed in a strange way.
I created another user account on mentioned system, then installed
Jaws 2019 on that new user account, and it installed well.
I couldn't understand what was the exact problem but at list I can use
jaws 2019 now!
thanks for your answers my friends

On 6/21/19, Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:

freedom Scientific usually answers questions about demo products just as
they will for licensed products. If you do not try sending them an email,
you will never know.
Richard

Check out my web site at:
www.turner42.com<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C633c05971fbe4621637e08d6bb714c96%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636902492616129219&sdata=9qG6zwn2QJ9Xe5fJyao6MewzLG36u7TAieLK72Tg19c%3D&reserved=0>
“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas
Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't
have any." -- Alice Walker

https://support.freedomscientific.com/support/technicalsupport/bulletin/1642<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.freedomscientific.com%2Fsupport%2Ftechnicalsupport%2Fbulletin%2F1642&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0073b9ab2ad7413f08dc08d6f6521fc1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636967229907908641&sdata=wdMQHbp2ZxSril31R9NkOeALyD%2FQJpmPey7SqDUBtII%3D&reserved=0>

90845<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freedomscientific.com%2FSupport%2FTechnicalSupport%2FBulletin%2F1627&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0073b9ab2ad7413f08dc08d6f6521fc1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636967229907918652&sdata=AMNQrFVvjjHKcz%2FhVRxTx4y5irPVrv5pWOMC%2FCp%2BwsI%3D&reserved=0>.

2019.1906.10<http://jaws2019.vfo.digital/2019.1906.10.400/7B4440D3-D549-4F90-82BB-936902A2EE5B/J2019.1906.10-any.exe><https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjaws2019.vfo.digital%2F2019.1906.10.400%2F7B4440D3-D549-4F90-82BB-936902A2EE5B%2FJ2019.1906.10-any.exe&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0073b9ab2ad7413f08dc08d6f6521fc1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636967229907928662&sdata=8N0RnSxfNagwPzygVL03CuHdjBO65no4ZDA%2B87uxlNo%3D&reserved=0>
[...]

Steve Nutt

Yes, they would. After all, if you are using a demo, you may buy it in the future, so they'd want to fix any installation issues.

My own thought is that your video driver needs updating.

All the best

Steve