moderated Outlook issue

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

I’m using Office 2019 and when in Outlook, I can go to my drafts folder control +y and hit the d key until I hear drafts and hit enter. When in the drafts folder, I attempt to repeat to go back to the inbox or any other folder and cannot exit the drafts folder. I have to close Outlook and re-start to get out of the said drafts folder and back into inbox or any other chosen folder.

Any suggestions? I’m using Windows 10 with latest update, I’m using Jaws 2019 with latest update and again, Office 2019.

Thanks for all suggestions/help to fix this headache,

Rick

Van Lant, Robin

I’m not on Outlook 2019 yet, but offer the following keystroke to try.  Hitting Control Shift I takes you back to your inbox from wherever you are in Outlook.  See if that will work in this situation.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook issue

Hi all,

I’m using Office 2019 and when in Outlook, I can go to my drafts folder control +y and hit the d key until I hear drafts and hit enter. When in the drafts folder, I attempt to repeat to go back to the inbox or any other folder and cannot exit the drafts folder. I have to close Outlook and re-start to get out of the said drafts folder and back into inbox or any other chosen folder.

Any suggestions? I’m using Windows 10 with latest update, I’m using Jaws 2019 with latest update and again, Office 2019.

Rick

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Rick Mladek

Hi Robin,

Thank you so very much, this worked. I appreciate you and your assistance…

Rick

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: Outlook issue

I’m not on Outlook 2019 yet, but offer the following keystroke to try.  Hitting Control Shift I takes you back to your inbox from wherever you are in Outlook.  See if that will work in this situation.

Hi all,

Rick

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I can replicate that, but there is a solution. From Drafts, I can use the shortcut shift+ctrl+I to get back to the inbox.

Dean

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:28 AM

Hi all,

Rick

Rick Mladek

Dean, Am I to understand you also get stuck in drafts and a basic control Y command is not working? Yes, the shift/control I is working for me, as well. Should Freedom be told about this glitch or Microsoft?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:36 AM

I can replicate that, but there is a solution. From Drafts, I can use the shortcut shift+ctrl+I to get back to the inbox.

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Van Lant, Robin

Rick

Turn off JAWS and launch Narrator or NVDA and see if the problem persists.

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:59 AM

Dean, Am I to understand you also get stuck in drafts and a basic control Y command is not working? Yes, the shift/control I is working for me, as well. Should Freedom be told about this glitch or Microsoft?

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Sharon Ballantyne

Hi all,

I have never been able to use control y from drafts to navigate to another folder/box except using control shift i. Control y has always worked to bring up the move command from any other folder, just not drafts.

Sharon

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:59 AM

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I’d attribute this one to Outlook, so it would be a Microsoft issue if one is inclined to report it.

Dean

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I had the same problem. I talked with Microsoft accessibility and they made a correction to the draft folder. Sorry I don’t have my notes.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Ballantyne
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:10 AM

Hi all,

I have never been able to use control y from drafts to navigate to another folder/box except using control shift i. Control y has always worked to bring up the move command from any other folder, just not drafts.

Sharon

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I just went into my Drafts folder and for me Control + Y brought up the Move To folder list. I rarely use it any more since I usually just press Control + Shift + Tab which takes me back out of whichever folder I am in and puts me into the folder list where I can then arrow to another folder or type a letter or two to quickly go to a folder.

I use Outlook via Office 365, not the retail version, not sure if that makes a difference in this case.

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:16 AM

I’d attribute this one to Outlook, so it would be a Microsoft issue if one is inclined to report it.

Dean

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Shift + F6 also works for me to go back out of Drafts and into the folder list.

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:50 AM

Hi Robin,

Rick

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io

Hi all,

Rick

Rick Mladek

Thank you, this is also working…

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:42 PM

Hi Robin,

Rick

Hi all,

Rick

Rick Mladek

What correction to the draft folder are you talking about?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:13 PM

I had the same problem. I talked with Microsoft accessibility and they made a correction to the draft folder. Sorry I don’t have my notes.

Hi all,

Sharon

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Van Lant, Robin

Hmmm.  I have never had an issue with Control Y working from anywhere. I wonder what that issue is for some of you.

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:10 AM

Hi all,

Sharon

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Zel Iscel

Control + Shift + Tab and Shift + F6 both get me into the folder list but won’t allow me to enter any of the folders by pressing space or enter or the right arrow. Is there another command to enter the folder?

Control + y works best for me to get to the folders list and enter a folder.

BTW I’m still using Jaws 2018 with Windows 1809 (OS Build 17763.557).

Cheers

Zel

Sent: Thursday, 20 June 2019 12:42 AM

Hi Robin,

Rick

Hi all,

Rick

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I have misplaced my notes and I don’t remember. I would think you can call Microsoft accessibility and they can show you what was done.

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:04 PM

Hi all,

Sharon

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

Does a "ctrl+shift+I" put you back in the inbox?

Denver Dale

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:22 PM

I have misplaced my notes and I don’t remember. I would think you can call Microsoft accessibility and they can show you what was done.

Hi all,

Sharon

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Rick Mladek

Yes, but the common control +y no longer working

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Alton
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:54 PM

Denver Dale

Hi all,

Sharon

Dean

Hi all,

Rick

Enter works fine if you are going to a new folder, if you are in the Inbox, go to the folder list with Control + Shift + Tab or Shift + F6 and then you want to go back into the Inbox you have to press F6.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Zel Iscel
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:43 AM

Control + Shift + Tab and Shift + F6 both get me into the folder list but won’t allow me to enter any of the folders by pressing space or enter or the right arrow. Is there another command to enter the folder?

Control + y works best for me to get to the folders list and enter a folder.

BTW I’m still using Jaws 2018 with Windows 1809 (OS Build 17763.557).

Cheers

Zel

Sent: Thursday, 20 June 2019 12:42 AM

Hi Robin,

Rick

Hi all,

Rick

CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...>

I am using Jaws 18 with Office 365 and control y still works fine for me.

I press control y and then arrow down onceto gmail and then right arrow to open the list which then offers me sent mail, bin etc. etc.

Alison

Sent: 20 June 2019 02:09

Yes, but the common control +y no longer working

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Alton
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:54 PM

Denver Dale

Hi all,

Sharon

Dean

Hi all,

Rick