moderated Outlook issue

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

I’m using Office 2019 and when in Outlook, I can go to my drafts folder control +y and hit the d key until I hear drafts and hit enter. When in the drafts folder, I attempt to repeat to go back to the inbox or any other folder and cannot exit the drafts folder. I have to close Outlook and re-start to get out of the said drafts folder and back into inbox or any other chosen folder.

Any suggestions? I’m using Windows 10 with latest update, I’m using Jaws 2019 with latest update and again, Office 2019.

Thanks for all suggestions/help to fix this headache,

Rick

Van Lant, Robin

I’m not on Outlook 2019 yet, but offer the following keystroke to try.  Hitting Control Shift I takes you back to your inbox from wherever you are in Outlook.  See if that will work in this situation.

I’m using Office 2019 and when in Outlook, I can go to my drafts folder control +y and hit the d key until I hear drafts and hit enter. When in the drafts folder, I attempt to repeat to go back to the inbox or any other folder and cannot exit the drafts folder. I have to close Outlook and re-start to get out of the said drafts folder and back into inbox or any other chosen folder.

Any suggestions? I’m using Windows 10 with latest update, I’m using Jaws 2019 with latest update and again, Office 2019.

Thanks for all suggestions/help to fix this headache,

Rick

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Rick Mladek

Hi Robin,

Thank you so very much, this worked. I appreciate you and your assistance…

Rick

I’m not on Outlook 2019 yet, but offer the following keystroke to try.  Hitting Control Shift I takes you back to your inbox from wherever you are in Outlook.  See if that will work in this situation.

I’m using Office 2019 and when in Outlook, I can go to my drafts folder control +y and hit the d key until I hear drafts and hit enter. When in the drafts folder, I attempt to repeat to go back to the inbox or any other folder and cannot exit the drafts folder. I have to close Outlook and re-start to get out of the said drafts folder and back into inbox or any other chosen folder.

Any suggestions? I’m using Windows 10 with latest update, I’m using Jaws 2019 with latest update and again, Office 2019.

Thanks for all suggestions/help to fix this headache,

Rick

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I can replicate that, but there is a solution. From Drafts, I can use the shortcut shift+ctrl+I to get back to the inbox.

Dean

I’m using Office 2019 and when in Outlook, I can go to my drafts folder control +y and hit the d key until I hear drafts and hit enter. When in the drafts folder, I attempt to repeat to go back to the inbox or any other folder and cannot exit the drafts folder. I have to close Outlook and re-start to get out of the said drafts folder and back into inbox or any other chosen folder.

Any suggestions? I’m using Windows 10 with latest update, I’m using Jaws 2019 with latest update and again, Office 2019.

Thanks for all suggestions/help to fix this headache,

Rick

Rick Mladek

Dean, Am I to understand you also get stuck in drafts and a basic control Y command is not working? Yes, the shift/control I is working for me, as well. Should Freedom be told about this glitch or Microsoft?

I can replicate that, but there is a solution. From Drafts, I can use the shortcut shift+ctrl+I to get back to the inbox.

Dean

I’m using Office 2019 and when in Outlook, I can go to my drafts folder control +y and hit the d key until I hear drafts and hit enter. When in the drafts folder, I attempt to repeat to go back to the inbox or any other folder and cannot exit the drafts folder. I have to close Outlook and re-start to get out of the said drafts folder and back into inbox or any other chosen folder.

Any suggestions? I’m using Windows 10 with latest update, I’m using Jaws 2019 with latest update and again, Office 2019.

Thanks for all suggestions/help to fix this headache,

Rick

Van Lant, Robin

Rick

Turn off JAWS and launch Narrator or NVDA and see if the problem persists.

[...]

Sharon Ballantyne

Hi all,

I have never been able to use control y from drafts to navigate to another folder/box except using control shift i. Control y has always worked to bring up the move command from any other folder, just not drafts.

Sharon

[...]

I’d attribute this one to Outlook, so it would be a Microsoft issue if one is inclined to report it.

Dean

[...]

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I had the same problem. I talked with Microsoft accessibility and they made a correction to the draft folder. Sorry I don’t have my notes.

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I just went into my Drafts folder and for me Control + Y brought up the Move To folder list. I rarely use it any more since I usually just press Control + Shift + Tab which takes me back out of whichever folder I am in and puts me into the folder list where I can then arrow to another folder or type a letter or two to quickly go to a folder.

I use Outlook via Office 365, not the retail version, not sure if that makes a difference in this case.

[...]

Shift + F6 also works for me to go back out of Drafts and into the folder list.

[...]

Thank you, this is also working…

[...]

What correction to the draft folder are you talking about?

[...]

Hmmm.  I have never had an issue with Control Y working from anywhere. I wonder what that issue is for some of you.

[...]

Zel Iscel

Control + Shift + Tab and Shift + F6 both get me into the folder list but won’t allow me to enter any of the folders by pressing space or enter or the right arrow. Is there another command to enter the folder?

Control + y works best for me to get to the folders list and enter a folder.

BTW I’m still using Jaws 2018 with Windows 1809 (OS Build 17763.557).

Cheers

Zel

[...]

I have misplaced my notes and I don’t remember. I would think you can call Microsoft accessibility and they can show you what was done.

[...]

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

Does a "ctrl+shift+I" put you back in the inbox?

Denver Dale

[...]

Yes, but the common control +y no longer working

[...]

Enter works fine if you are going to a new folder, if you are in the Inbox, go to the folder list with Control + Shift + Tab or Shift + F6 and then you want to go back into the Inbox you have to press F6.

[...]

CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...>

I am using Jaws 18 with Office 365 and control y still works fine for me.

I press control y and then arrow down onceto gmail and then right arrow to open the list which then offers me sent mail, bin etc. etc.

Alison