moderated Jaws no longer reads the Windows 10 emoji panel

ann

Hi,

With the latest update to Jaws, I can now no longer read the Windows emoji panel. It apparently does pop up, and I can arrow around and pres Enter to insert emojis, but Jaws speaks nothing at all now.

Is there a fix for this

~Ann?

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Mine works fine, I just now tested it with JAWS 2019. Try pressing down arrow instead of left/right arrow. Up/down travel inside the category.

On 6/18/2019 2:09 PM, ann wrote:
Hi,

With the latest update to Jaws, I can now no longer read the Windows emoji panel. It apparently does pop up, and I can arrow around and pres Enter to insert emojis, but Jaws speaks nothing at all now.

Is there a fix for this

~Ann?

Hi,
If it is what I think is happening, then it isn't JAWS at all - it might be Windows 10 Version 1903, and last time I heard from another forum, this problem was reported to Vispero.
Cheers,
Joseph

On 6/18/2019 2:09 PM, ann wrote:
Hi,

With the latest update to Jaws, I can now no longer read the Windows
emoji panel. It apparently does pop up, and I can arrow around and
pres Enter to insert emojis, but Jaws speaks nothing at all now.

Is there a fix for this

~Ann?

ann

My windows version, according to good old Winver, is:
Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.829).

But after doing a bit of checking, nothing will read the panel anymore, not JFW, NVDA or Narrator. So I guess it's not an exclusive JFW problem.

~Ann

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Joseph and Ann,

I don't think the issue that Jaws 2019 does not read the emojis, for me it reads them just fine when I arrow around, it only does not announce anything at all when you open the emoji panel. Ann, I would maybe call Jaws support, I am on the Jaws beta list and nobody has reported that Jaws doesn't read the emoji panel, but I did file a bug report about Jaws not saying something like "Emoji panel open" when you press Windows Key + Period or Semi Colon.

On 6/18/2019 2:09 PM, ann wrote:
Hi,

With the latest update to Jaws, I can now no longer read the Windows
emoji panel. It apparently does pop up, and I can arrow around and
pres Enter to insert emojis, but Jaws speaks nothing at all now.

Is there a fix for this

~Ann?

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Why don’t you upgrade to 1903 and see if that fixes the issue.

My windows version, according to good old Winver, is:
Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.829).

But after doing a bit of checking, nothing will read the panel anymore, not JFW, NVDA or Narrator. So I guess it's not an exclusive JFW problem.

~Ann

ann

For me, Jaws announces nothing but the title of whatever edit window I am working in, but no imojis are spoken.

This behavior only started with the latest JFW updates, which is why I originally thought it was a Jaws problem.

~Ann

On 6/18/2019 2:09 PM, ann wrote:
Hi,

With the latest update to Jaws, I can now no longer read the Windows
emoji panel. It apparently does pop up, and I can arrow around and
pres Enter to insert emojis, but Jaws speaks nothing at all now.

Is there a fix for this

~Ann?

ann

Windows update says my  computer is up to date.So I guess 1903 isn't available for my system yet.

~Ann

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:16 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

Why don’t you upgrade to 1903 and see if that fixes the issue.

My windows version, according to good old Winver, is:
Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.829).

But after doing a bit of checking, nothing will read the panel anymore, not JFW, NVDA or Narrator. So I guess it's not an exclusive JFW problem.

~Ann

Curtis Delzer

🤷‍♂️

as you see jfw in this case with t-bird is properly announcing not only the opening of the panel, but the proper icons.

so I shrugged? or hopefully will do something else more appropriate.👍

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 6/18/2019 2:09 PM, ann wrote:
Hi,

With the latest update to Jaws, I can now no longer read the Windows
emoji panel. It apparently does pop up, and I can arrow around and
pres Enter to insert emojis, but Jaws speaks nothing at all now.

Is there a fix for this

~Ann?

inamuddin khan

To me it is working but not announcing!

For example if I press win+; it starts working but it is not announcing anything!

😊😊

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...