moderated outlook no longer automatically updating my inbox folder

John Covici

Hi. I am not sure when this started, maybe a week or so ago, but
outlook 2016 -- office 365 version -- is no longer updating
automatically when I open it. It does work if I use the ribbon to go
to the send-receive tab and push the button that says send-receive all
folders, but only then. Anyone know what is happening or is anyone
seeing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Make sure that under Send and Receive (my shortcut is ALT plus CONTROL plus
S) that your account is set to send and receive at startup.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Hi. I am not sure when this started, maybe a week or so ago, but
outlook 2016 -- office 365 version -- is no longer updating
automatically when I open it. It does work if I use the ribbon to go
to the send-receive tab and push the button that says send-receive all
folders, but only then. Anyone know what is happening or is anyone
seeing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

John Covici

In that group there is nothing about startup, just schedule
send/receive after so many minutes set to 30.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:50:36 -0400,
Bill White wrote:

[...]

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

A quick Google search turned up this article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/312336/e-mail-messages-are-not-automatically-sent-or-received-at-startup-in-o

I've personally never had this issue but if you shut your system down improperly or something like that sometimes the supporting files and databases can become corrupt.

Bill White wrote:
Make sure that under Send and Receive (my shortcut is ALT plus CONTROL plus
S) that your account is set to send and receive at startup.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Hi. I am not sure when this started, maybe a week or so ago, but
outlook 2016 -- office 365 version -- is no longer updating
automatically when I open it. It does work if I use the ribbon to go
to the send-receive tab and push the button that says send-receive all
folders, but only then. Anyone know what is happening or is anyone
seeing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Rick Mladek

I am using Office 2019 and within the options > mail settings, there is only an auto check for new mail upon exiting, not at start-up.

Rick

Hi. I am not sure when this started, maybe a week or so ago, but
outlook 2016 -- office 365 version -- is no longer updating
automatically when I open it. It does work if I use the ribbon to go
to the send-receive tab and push the button that says send-receive
all folders, but only then. Anyone know what is happening or is
anyone seeing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Yes, there is no startup option since Outlook will always check for new mail at startup. If you want to configure send/receive behavior you need to go down to Advanced and click the Send/receive button in your mail group as the article points out.

On 6/18/2019 1:52 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
I am using Office 2019 and within the options > mail settings, there is only an auto check for new mail upon exiting, not at start-up.

Rick

Hi. I am not sure when this started, maybe a week or so ago, but
outlook 2016 -- office 365 version -- is no longer updating
automatically when I open it. It does work if I use the ribbon to go
to the send-receive tab and push the button that says send-receive
all folders, but only then. Anyone know what is happening or is
anyone seeing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

John Covici

I did the steps in that article, but no change.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:43:00 -0400,
Munawar Bijani wrote:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/312336/e-mail-messages-are-not-automatically-sent-or-received-at-startup-in-o
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, John. In Send Receive (ALT plus CONTROL plus S, you should have a check
box like the following,

Include this group in send/receive (F9). check box checked

This check box should be checked.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Hi. I am not sure when this started, maybe a week or so ago, but
outlook 2016 -- office 365 version -- is no longer updating
automatically when I open it. It does work if I use the ribbon to go
to the send-receive tab and push the button that says send-receive all
folders, but only then. Anyone know what is happening or is anyone
seeing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

John Covici

Yes it is checked.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:11:49 -0400,
Bill White wrote:

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

But all that does is that you can press F9 to do a send/receive, I don't think it fixes John's issue about Outlook not grabbing mail upon opening.
You might want to give Microsoft Accessibility a call.