moderated Need help with file explorer

Shirley Tracy

Hi listers,

In my great wisdom, I managed to invert the listed files. Not sure how I did it, but those beginning with the letter Z are on top and the files beginning with the letter A are at the bottom. Not a terrible thing, but annoying. Since I don’t know how it got this way, I can’t figure out how to put it back the way I’m used to it. Can someone please help me?

FYI, I’m using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Hi shirley,

Open any file explorer window and make sure nothing is selected, it shouldn’t be when  you first open a folder unless you move the cursor. If a folder or file is selected you can press Control + Spacebar to unselect it.

Now press Shift + F10, arrow to Sort by, expand the sub menu with the right arrow and then arrow down and make sure “ascending” is selected, simply press enter once you get to it and that should fix it.

In my great wisdom, I managed to invert the listed files. Not sure how I did it, but those beginning with the letter Z are on top and the files beginning with the letter A are at the bottom. Not a terrible thing, but annoying. Since I don’t know how it got this way, I can’t figure out how to put it back the way I’m used to it. Can someone please help me?

FYI, I’m using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thank you so much. Got it.

Shirley Tracy

[...]

Hi again Sieghard,

I was also going to jump back on the list and ask how to rename a folder that I mistakenly named wrong—but the steps you gave me helps me find that answer, too. Thank you so much.

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

[...]

Actually the easiest way to rename a folder is to find the folder and then press F2.

[...]

Yes, but I had trouble doing that, and this worked—so I’m happy.

[...]

The Iowa Gal <iowagal728@...>

Hey Shirley, this just happened to me as well and I know I didn’t do it, so don’t feel too bad. Once in a while these computers just do their own thing and we’re left to make it right. I also have this happen with my choice of default programs. Best, Norma

[...]

Hi Norma,

Thanks. Makes me feel better.

Shirley Tracy

[...]

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Shirley/all,

Just go to the view menue, then sorting order, then check the box named ascend and this should do the trick.

Hope     this helps,

                                                                Takis

In my great wisdom, I managed to invert the listed files. Not sure how I did it, but those beginning with the letter Z are on top and the files beginning with the letter A are at the bottom. Not a terrible thing, but annoying. Since I don’t know how it got this way, I can’t figure out how to put it back the way I’m used to it. Can someone please help me?

FYI, I’m using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Steve Nutt

Hi Shirley,

Simply focus on any file or folder, then arrow right, until you hear Date Split Button, then press space on it.

Job done.

All the best

Steve

In my great wisdom, I managed to invert the listed files. Not sure how I did it, but those beginning with the letter Z are on top and the files beginning with the letter A are at the bottom. Not a terrible thing, but annoying. Since I don’t know how it got this way, I can’t figure out how to put it back the way I’m used to it. Can someone please help me?

FYI, I’m using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thanks. But what Siegard gave me worked, so I’m good. But your way works, too; so, now I have choices.

Cheerfully,

Shirley