moderated Lost command to bring up the Emoji panel?

Peter Tesar

Hi,

I thought that it was either:

  Windows plus dot

or

  Windows plus semicolon.

But then, I have just started using Windows 10 v1903. Maybe there's a change.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Peter T.

Those two keyboard shortcuts remain unchanged.   Are you in a field that would allow text entry when you hit either one?

If not, check what your language and region settings are.  See: https://www.askvg.com/fix-emoji-panel-keyboard-shortcut-not-working-in-windows-10/

       ~ Lauren Bacall

Peter Tesar

I just got it working, but maybe there is a delay or I have to repeat the command.

I was trying to bring up the emoji panel in a Thunderbird new message body and Notepad.

Now I know that it works but only sometimes.

Thanks.

Peter T.

On 6/10/2019 9:07 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Those two keyboard shortcuts remain unchanged.   Are you in a field that would allow text entry when you hit either one?

If not, check what your language and region settings are.  See: https://www.askvg.com/fix-emoji-panel-keyboard-shortcut-not-working-in-windows-10/

       ~ Lauren Bacall

It can be slow to appear after the keyboard shortcut is issued.  And that's even when there's not a screen reader involved.  I have no idea why this is.

       ~ Lauren Bacall

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I pressed windows ; and the menu comes up. I tab and nothing is said. I just pressed enter after tabbing and nothing happens. I then tried windows . and the menu doesn’t come up. Is there something else I need to do to get the different categories to show?

But then, I have just started using Windows 10 v1903. Maybe there's a change.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Peter T.

Hi Peter,

You didn’t say which screenreader you use, but if you use Jaws then for me also Jaws says nothing about the emoji panel opening, but it opens nonetheless and if I press right arrow or down arrow Jaws will announce whichever emoji you might be on.

I am on the Jaws Beta list and I will file a bug report, I also feel Jaws should say “Emoji Panel” or something like this to indicate it is open.

Brian, there seems to be very little delay for me, I will have to ask a sighted person to watch, but if I press Windows + Period and immediately press enter as fast as I can the 😊emoji is already inserted.

Interestingly enough just now Jaws is telling me “Emoji panel is closed” when I press Windows + Period, but when I arrow around I hear emojis and I can insert them by pressing enter. There is obviously something strange going on how Jaws gets information there, but like I said, I’ll file a bug report.

Regards,

Sieghard

It can be slow to appear after the keyboard shortcut is issued.  And that's even when there's not a screen reader involved.  I have no idea why this is.

       ~ Lauren Bacall

Stan Bobbitt

Using latest Jaws 2019 and windows 10. When I hit windows key period jaws announces “emoji panel is open. Then left and right, up and down arrows and the different emojis are spoken.

😊