moderated Lost command to bring up the Emoji panel?

Peter Tesar

Hi,

I thought that it was either:

Windows plus dot

or

Windows plus semicolon.

But then, I have just started using Windows 10 v1903. Maybe there's a change.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Peter T.

Those two keyboard shortcuts remain unchanged.   Are you in a field that would allow text entry when you hit either one?

If not, check what your language and region settings are.  See: https://www.askvg.com/fix-emoji-panel-keyboard-shortcut-not-working-in-windows-10/
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.

~ Lauren Bacall

Peter Tesar

I just got it working, but maybe there is a delay or I have to repeat the command.

I was trying to bring up the emoji panel in a Thunderbird new message body and Notepad.

Now I know that it works but only sometimes.

Thanks.

Peter T.

On 6/10/2019 9:07 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Those two keyboard shortcuts remain unchanged.   Are you in a field that would allow text entry when you hit either one?

If not, check what your language and region settings are.  See: https://www.askvg.com/fix-emoji-panel-keyboard-shortcut-not-working-in-windows-10/
--

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.

~ Lauren Bacall

It can be slow to appear after the keyboard shortcut is issued.  And that's even when there's not a screen reader involved.  I have no idea why this is.

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I pressed windows ; and the menu comes up. I tab and nothing is said. I just pressed enter after tabbing and nothing happens. I then tried windows . and the menu doesn’t come up. Is there something else I need to do to get the different categories to show?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 7:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Lost command to bring up the Emoji panel?

Hi,

I thought that it was either:

Windows plus dot

or

Windows plus semicolon.

But then, I have just started using Windows 10 v1903. Maybe there's a change.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Peter T.

Hi Peter,

You didn’t say which screenreader you use, but if you use Jaws then for me also Jaws says nothing about the emoji panel opening, but it opens nonetheless and if I press right arrow or down arrow Jaws will announce whichever emoji you might be on.

I am on the Jaws Beta list and I will file a bug report, I also feel Jaws should say “Emoji Panel” or something like this to indicate it is open.

Brian, there seems to be very little delay for me, I will have to ask a sighted person to watch, but if I press Windows + Period and immediately press enter as fast as I can the 😊emoji is already inserted.

Interestingly enough just now Jaws is telling me “Emoji panel is closed” when I press Windows + Period, but when I arrow around I hear emojis and I can insert them by pressing enter. There is obviously something strange going on how Jaws gets information there, but like I said, I’ll file a bug report.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: Lost command to bring up the Emoji panel?

It can be slow to appear after the keyboard shortcut is issued.  And that's even when there's not a screen reader involved.  I have no idea why this is.

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Stan Bobbitt

Using latest Jaws 2019 and windows 10. When I hit windows key period jaws announces “emoji panel is open. Then left and right, up and down arrows and the different emojis are spoken.

😊

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:38 AM

Hi Peter,

You didn’t say which screenreader you use, but if you use Jaws then for me also Jaws says nothing about the emoji panel opening, but it opens nonetheless and if I press right arrow or down arrow Jaws will announce whichever emoji you might be on.

I am on the Jaws Beta list and I will file a bug report, I also feel Jaws should say “Emoji Panel” or something like this to indicate it is open.

Brian, there seems to be very little delay for me, I will have to ask a sighted person to watch, but if I press Windows + Period and immediately press enter as fast as I can the 😊emoji is already inserted.

Interestingly enough just now Jaws is telling me “Emoji panel is closed” when I press Windows + Period, but when I arrow around I hear emojis and I can insert them by pressing enter. There is obviously something strange going on how Jaws gets information there, but like I said, I’ll file a bug report.

Regards,

Sieghard

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Yes, but which version of Windows 10, there is no issue if you are still on 1809, it is after installing 1903 where Jaws doesn’t announce the opening of the emoji panel.

I have confirmed this with several people on the Jaws Beta list and filed a bug report about it today. It’s not that big of a deal and I’m sure it can be fixed without too much trouble.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Bobbitt
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:16 PM

Using latest Jaws 2019 and windows 10. When I hit windows key period jaws announces “emoji panel is open. Then left and right, up and down arrows and the different emojis are spoken.

😊

Hi Peter,

Regards,

Sieghard

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Shirley Tracy

Can someone tell me if the emoji list is only for JAWS 2019 or if it should be accessed using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018? I can’t get it to work for me and thought it should.

Thanks.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:06 AM

Yes, but which version of Windows 10, there is no issue if you are still on 1809, it is after installing 1903 where Jaws doesn’t announce the opening of the emoji panel.

I have confirmed this with several people on the Jaws Beta list and filed a bug report about it today. It’s not that big of a deal and I’m sure it can be fixed without too much trouble.

😊

Hi Peter,

Regards,

Sieghard

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I’m using windows10 and office 2016. I have tried to bring up the emoji menu with jaws2018 and 2019. Both times the menu comes up and jaws just says menu. I have tried to tab and arrow and nothing is said. After tabbing I will just press enter. A few times it tells me the name of an emoji. Most of the time Jaws doesn’t say anything. Do I need to do something else within Jaws to get it to work? Why would it work for some and not for others?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:47 PM

Can someone tell me if the emoji list is only for JAWS 2019 or if it should be accessed using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018? I can’t get it to work for me and thought it should.

Thanks.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

😊

Hi Peter,

Regards,

Sieghard

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Mike B

Howdy Shirley,

I'm not sure which version of Windows 10 introduced the Emoji panel, but I never played around with it until Windows 10, 1903  OS Build 18362.145.  I do
know you can't access the Emoji panel with Jaws2018, or at least I can't on my computer, but I can with Jaws2019.  To access the Emoji panel use, Windows key + semicolon, or, Windows key + period.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it. 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:47 PM

Thanks.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

😊

Hi Peter,

Regards,

Sieghard

--

~ Lauren Bacall