Topics

moderated Inserting Rows in an existing Excel Sheet

George Gray

Hola!

I am using the latest versions of Win10 and Office (not 365) on my
DeskTop and I have a couple of questions, if I may:

1. How can I Insert a new vertical Column between the existing horizontal Rows,

2. How can I Copy and then Edit the existing Formulas?

I knew how to accomplish these actions within the old Excel program,
but cannot figure it out with the Ribbons. I know how to navigate the
Ribbons to some degree, but can't identify the Insert New Column and
Edit Formulas items.

Thanks in advance.

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Ocean Winds
Cabarete/Sosua
REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

I find the easiest shortcut for inserting new rows and columns is Control + NumPad Plus, it will ask you if you want to insert a new row or a new column, Insert + NumPad Minus allows you to delete a column or row.
As for copying, all you have to do is press Control + C on a cell containing a formula.

I am using the latest versions of Win10 and Office (not 365) on my DeskTop and I have a couple of questions, if I may:

1. How can I Insert a new vertical Column between the existing horizontal Rows,

2. How can I Copy and then Edit the existing Formulas?

I knew how to accomplish these actions within the old Excel program, but cannot figure it out with the Ribbons. I know how to navigate the Ribbons to some degree, but can't identify the Insert New Column and Edit Formulas items.

Thanks in advance.

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Ocean Winds
Cabarete/Sosua
REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi George,

If you wish to insert a new column, place your cursor in the column to the right of where you wish to insert the new column. Select the column you are in by pressing CTRL + spacebar. Jaws will say "Selected entire column". Now press the applications key and arrow down to "Insert" and press enter. A new blank column will be inserted to the left of the column you were in.

If you wish to insert a new blank row, place the cursor in the row below where you wish the new row to be inserted. Select the entire row by pressing Shift + spacebar. Jaws will say "Selected entire row". Now press the applications key and arrow down to "Insert" and press enter. A new blank row will be inserted above the row you were in.

If you wish to edit a formula, or see what the formula is, move to the cell with the formula and press F2. This will place you in edit mode and you can read the formula and make any changes you want.

Hope this helps.

Russell

I am using the latest versions of Win10 and Office (not 365) on my
DeskTop and I have a couple of questions, if I may:

1. How can I Insert a new vertical Column between the existing horizontal Rows,

2. How can I Copy and then Edit the existing Formulas?

I knew how to accomplish these actions within the old Excel program,
but cannot figure it out with the Ribbons. I know how to navigate the
Ribbons to some degree, but can't identify the Insert New Column and
Edit Formulas items.

Thanks in advance.

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Ocean Winds
Cabarete/Sosua
REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

There are quite a few ways to skin a cat so to speak in most Microsoft programs.
What Russell describes also works just fine, if you don't highlight the column or row and use the application menu and select "Insert..." you get the same dialogue as you get with control + NumPad Plus which is you get a little menu and you can select to Insert an entire column or entire row. Control + Shift + = also gets you that same menu
You can also use the ribbon shortcut Alt + H followed by I and C for column or R for row.
Just Alt + H followed by I gets you to the insert menu where you can also insert a sheet (S).
Alt + H followed by D gets you to the equivalent delete menu.

I am using the latest versions of Win10 and Office (not 365) on my DeskTop and I have a couple of questions, if I may:

1. How can I Insert a new vertical Column between the existing horizontal Rows,

2. How can I Copy and then Edit the existing Formulas?

I knew how to accomplish these actions within the old Excel program, but cannot figure it out with the Ribbons. I know how to navigate the Ribbons to some degree, but can't identify the Insert New Column and Edit Formulas items.

Thanks in advance.

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Ocean Winds
Cabarete/Sosua
REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

Dave...

Can you also press the application key (shift+f10) and bring up the context
menu to insert a row or column?

Dave

I am using the latest versions of Win10 and Office (not 365) on my DeskTop
and I have a couple of questions, if I may:

1. How can I Insert a new vertical Column between the existing horizontal
Rows,

2. How can I Copy and then Edit the existing Formulas?

I knew how to accomplish these actions within the old Excel program, but
cannot figure it out with the Ribbons. I know how to navigate the Ribbons
to some degree, but can't identify the Insert New Column and Edit Formulas
items.

Thanks in advance.

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Ocean Winds
Cabarete/Sosua
REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

george b

yes

if you do this arrow down and you will see in the list insert and down again
and you will see deleate

hit enter on which you wish to do and a dialog box comes up with the choices
of cells rows collums choose which it is a radio button and hit enter

[...]

As I said, you can bring up the application menu (Shift + F10), arrow to "Insert..." and then select insert entire column or insert entire row.

[...]

Alrightie Now! That's not very intuitive as it was before..:)

Thank you...much appreciated!!!

On 6/9/19, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:
[...]

Ann Byrne

Realize, though, that you can still use the Office 2003 commands. To insert a row, I use alt-i, then r, enter. To insert a column, alt-i, then c, enter. The applications key is your friend--so pressing it and arrowing down will give you the insert dialog of course. But I'm lazy and still type in the commands.

At 03:03 PM 6/9/2019, you wrote:
[...]

Thanks. And, Editing Formulas?