Topics

moderated Help with printing one page of multiple pages

Laura Richardson

Hello,

I have a multi-page document that I need to print just one page.  Example; I need to print just page 4 of the 10 page document.  I generally press control plus p and press enter which prints the entire 10 page document and I can’t figure out how to print just one page, not the entire document.

I’m using Jaws 18, HP laser jet printer, Word 2016 and Windows 10.  Could somebody please help?

Laura

Rick Mladek

Hi,

When you hit control p to print, tab down until you hear print current page and hit enter. Be sure you are on the page you want printed.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 10:37 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Help with printing one page of multiple pages

Hello,

I have a multi-page document that I need to print just one page.  Example; I need to print just page 4 of the 10 page document.  I generally press control plus p and press enter which prints the entire 10 page document and I can’t figure out how to print just one page, not the entire document.

I’m using Jaws 18, HP laser jet printer, Word 2016 and Windows 10.  Could somebody please help?

Laura

As Rick has indicated, if the page you want to print happens to be the one you currently are looking at in Word (or pretty much any program, it works the same in PDF readers and other programs, too).

Things did change in the Word 2016 print dialog, though.  At one time the "current page," "all pages," and "page range" options were presented as radio buttons, where if you used the page range option you then had to enter something like 2-7 if you wanted pages 2 through 7 of the current document to print.  In Word 2016, there is now a dropdown box, the first one in the settings section, that allows you to pick full document (Print all pages, the default), current page, or specific pages (page range).  You must use the dropdown if you want to choose current page and don't know or don't want to check the current page number, but if you want a page range, immediately under that dropdown is an edit box for pages, where you can enter a single page, e.g., 7, a contiguous page range, e.g. 2-5, or a combination of both, e.g. 3,7-11,14,19-25.  If you enter anything in that box it automatically switches the dropdown to reflect specific pages.

The dropdown box also allows you to print out certain properties associated with your document, rather than document pages.  You can review what those are if you expand the dropdown.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.

~ Lauren Bacall

Rick Mladek

Now you lead me to a question lol. Is 2016 and 2019 more the same or is 2019 more like 365?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 10:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help with printing one page of multiple pages

As Rick has indicated, if the page you want to print happens to be the one you currently are looking at in Word (or pretty much any program, it works the same in PDF readers and other programs, too).

Things did change in the Word 2016 print dialog, though.  At one time the "current page," "all pages," and "page range" options were presented as radio buttons, where if you used the page range option you then had to enter something like 2-7 if you wanted pages 2 through 7 of the current document to print.  In Word 2016, there is now a dropdown box, the first one in the settings section, that allows you to pick full document (Print all pages, the default), current page, or specific pages (page range).  You must use the dropdown if you want to choose current page and don't know or don't want to check the current page number, but if you want a page range, immediately under that dropdown is an edit box for pages, where you can enter a single page, e.g., 7, a contiguous page range, e.g. 2-5, or a combination of both, e.g. 3,7-11,14,19-25.  If you enter anything in that box it automatically switches the dropdown to reflect specific pages.

The dropdown box also allows you to print out certain properties associated with your document, rather than document pages.  You can review what those are if you expand the dropdown.
--

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.

~ Lauren Bacall

Laura Richardson

After I pressed control P I then tabbed until I heard it say “current page” (I was on the page I wanted to print) but it printed the entire document.

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:45 AM

Hi,

When you hit control p to print, tab down until you hear print current page and hit enter. Be sure you are on the page you want printed.

Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 10:37 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Help with printing one page of multiple pages

Hello,

Laura

Laura Richardson

How do I get to the drop down box?

Laura

Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:58 AM

--

~ Lauren Bacall

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 11:40 AM, Laura Richardson wrote:
I'm currently using NVDA, but all I do is tab to it.  It announces "Settings Grouping" then that I'm on the combo box (what I called a dropdown, because if you can't enter text into it it's really not a combo box), and I can either hit spacebar or enter to make it open to select what I want.  Then I navigate back to the Print button and hit it (or, hit ALT+F,P,P from wherever you happen to be to activate it without having to navigate back).

I also have the screen reader announcing the keyboard shortcut sequence to achieve the same thing without having to navigate to that dropdown, but you'd have to get there once to hear it.   ALT+F,P,A shoots you straight to the dropdown, which is expanded when you land on it, and you can select current page.   ALT+F,P,S takes you straight to the select page range edit box, where you can enter a page number, series of numbers, series of ranges, or any combination thereof.

Office 365 is built principally upon Office 2016 as its baseline, with a bit of 2019 thrown in.  There should be no significant differences in the File Tab between the three, which is where all this stuff is controlled.

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Ed Legge <edward.legge@...>

“Try highlighting the page you want to print and do the ctrl/p.

Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 10:41 AM

Laura

Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:58 AM

--

~ Lauren Bacall