moderated How to get to a YouTube Skip Ads popup?

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

Recently I’ve been having trouble with finding the Skip Ads button in YouTube. Today, several minutes into an 18 minute ad and being unable to find the Skip Ads button, I cornered a sighted coworker who easily found what they described as a Skip Ads popup button that was over the Play button area. This never announced as I tabbed and arrowed through the YouTube screen.

Is there a way or ways to consistently find YouTube Skip Ads buttons?

Thanks in advance, Keith

Randy Barnett

The B button works sometimes but it is just the way you tube is.

On 6/7/2019 2:52 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,

Recently I’ve been having trouble with finding the Skip Ads button in YouTube. Today, several minutes into an 18 minute ad and being unable to find the Skip Ads button, I cornered a sighted coworker who easily found what they described as a Skip Ads popup button that was over the Play button area. This never announced as I tabbed and arrowed through the YouTube screen.

Is there a way or ways to consistently find YouTube Skip Ads buttons?

Thanks in advance, Keith

Chris Hill

Suggestion: Try an ad blocker or an ad-blocking browser such as brave.  Youtube doesn't have ads on my systems.

On 6/7/2019 16:52, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,

Recently I’ve been having trouble with finding the Skip Ads button in YouTube. Today, several minutes into an 18 minute ad and being unable to find the Skip Ads button, I cornered a sighted coworker who easily found what they described as a Skip Ads popup button that was over the Play button area. This never announced as I tabbed and arrowed through the YouTube screen.

Is there a way or ways to consistently find YouTube Skip Ads buttons?

Thanks in advance, Keith

I find the button quick nav B works for me, but what also usually works is to do a quick Jaws Find for “skip”

Recently I’ve been having trouble with finding the Skip Ads button in YouTube. Today, several minutes into an 18 minute ad and being unable to find the Skip Ads button, I cornered a sighted coworker who easily found what they described as a Skip Ads popup button that was over the Play button area. This never announced as I tabbed and arrowed through the YouTube screen.

Is there a way or ways to consistently find YouTube Skip Ads buttons?

Thanks in advance, Keith

David Pearson

Hi all:

What is the key sequence for Jaws "skip ad" that is mentioned in this post.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Rick Mladek

Hi,

Simple search for skip. Insert +control +f. type in skip and hit enter. The
first skip will be found. Be sure it says skip add. Otherwise, do the search
as noted again. When you hear skip ad, hit enter and the said ad is done.
You can also continuously hit the b key and when yu hear skip ad, hit enter.
This will be easier but with so many buttons, you could be hitting this and
the ad may end before you find the correct button to skip the ad.