Topics

moderated problem with crome and staying loggin in

John Covici

Hi. I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix a problem I am having
with crome which I just started using. I am using Jaws 2019 latest
update. With crome latest official version, it won't allow me to stay
logged in to various sites like slack, various forums, or whatever. I
made sure that under the settings that sites are allowed to read and
write cooky data -- at least the button says pressed when I go to it,
but it does not work at all, so I am wondering how it is working for
others and am I doing something wrong, or is there another setting I
need?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Ashleigh Piccinino

You might want to contact Jim Fettgather on this issue. He probably is subscribe to this group, so he’ll be better able to help you then I will.

On Jun 4, 2019, at 9:25 PM, John Covici <covici@...> wrote:

Hi. I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix a problem I am having
with crome which I just started using. I am using Jaws 2019 latest
update. With crome latest official version, it won't allow me to stay
logged in to various sites like slack, various forums, or whatever. I
made sure that under the settings that sites are allowed to read and
write cooky data -- at least the button says pressed when I go to it,
but it does not work at all, so I am wondering how it is working for
others and am I doing something wrong, or is there another setting I
need?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

What Chrome Extensions do you have installed?   It sounds like some sort of privacy related extension is deleting all your cookies upon exiting Chrome, and Chrome does not support this by default.   Either that, or you're firing up Chrome in incognito mode (which takes some very intentional doing) in which case nothing is preserved when the incognito session is closed.

       ~ Lauren Bacall

John Covici

Neither is true that I know of. I am certainly not in incognito mode,
and I only have one extension and it is call tab to window and that is
it.

On Sat, 08 Jun 2019 12:35:00 -0400,
Brian Vogel wrote:

What Chrome Extensions do you have installed? It sounds like some sort of privacy related extension is deleting all your cookies upon exiting Chrome, and Chrome does not support this by default. Either that, or you're firing up
Chrome in incognito mode (which takes some very intentional doing) in which case nothing is preserved when the incognito session is closed.

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.

~ Lauren Bacall

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

The next question is are you using a utility such as CCleaner, BleachBit, System Ninja, or the like that cleans browser cache and cookies?

Login states for individual websites are cookie managed, and I'm taking that as being the issue you're talking about:  having to log in again after exiting and restarting Chrome.  If it is instead about having form information for login id/password stored by the browser, then open Chrome settings, go to the Autofill section, Passwords item then open it and see if the toggle for Offer to save passwords is ON.  Also check, regardless of the state of that toggle, whether the one immediately after it, Auto Sign-In, is toggled ON.  If it isn't, you will always be asked to log in again, even if you have stored login and password credentials.

       ~ Lauren Bacall

John Covici

No, I never use any such programs.