moderated JAWS stops speaking

Edward Green

Hi all,

I'm running JAWS 2018 on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. This is one of two identical machines I have for work.

The machine used to work fine. However, JAWS now stops speaking after around 5 or 10 minutes of use. It is apparently still running, there are no errors and the laptop continues to function in all other respects.

If I close JAWS and reload it, it speaks again until it stops after another 5 or 10 minutes.

I have restarted several times but this hasn't fixed the problem.

The issue does not occur on the other machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Ed

Rick Mladek

Hi,

I am only guessing at this but...

Check to see if you have the authorization set. You may be on the demo mode.
Also, check to see if it is an elequence issue.

I'm running JAWS 2018 on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. This is one of
two identical machines I have for work.

The machine used to work fine. However, JAWS now stops speaking after around
5 or 10 minutes of use. It is apparently still running, there are no errors
and the laptop continues to function in all other respects.

If I close JAWS and reload it, it speaks again until it stops after another
5 or 10 minutes.

I have restarted several times but this hasn't fixed the problem.

The issue does not occur on the other machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Ed

Mario

if it turns out to be that the issue is caused by Eloquence, what can
one do about it besides using a different voice?

Check to see if you have the authorization set. You may be on the demo mode.
Also, check to see if it is an elequence issue.

I'm running JAWS 2018 on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. This is one of
two identical machines I have for work.

The machine used to work fine. However, JAWS now stops speaking after around
5 or 10 minutes of use. It is apparently still running, there are no errors
and the laptop continues to function in all other respects.

If I close JAWS and reload it, it speaks again until it stops after another
5 or 10 minutes.

I have restarted several times but this hasn't fixed the problem.

The issue does not occur on the other machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Ed

.

Have you done a repair on Jaws? If that doesn't help I'd uninstall it completely and reinstall it. Also, there was a small update to Jaws 2018 recently, did you install it?

I'm running JAWS 2018 on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. This is one of two identical machines I have for work.

The machine used to work fine. However, JAWS now stops speaking after around 5 or 10 minutes of use. It is apparently still running, there are no errors and the laptop continues to function in all other respects.

If I close JAWS and reload it, it speaks again until it stops after another 5 or 10 minutes.

I have restarted several times but this hasn't fixed the problem.

The issue does not occur on the other machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Ed

netbat66

are you useing firefox?
firefox will hang for about 30 seconds every time i open the bookmark list with control i orcontrol b.
the only way i have reduced this is to turn the virtual pc cursor off before i open the bookmark list. then jaws will continue to run. i don't get this behavior with the bookmarks when useing narrator

I'm running JAWS 2018 on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. This is one of two identical machines I have for work.

The machine used to work fine. However, JAWS now stops speaking after around 5 or 10 minutes of use. It is apparently still running, there are no errors and the laptop continues to function in all other respects.

If I close JAWS and reload it, it speaks again until it stops after another 5 or 10 minutes.

I have restarted several times but this hasn't fixed the problem.

The issue does not occur on the other machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Ed

Steve Nutt

Sounds like a power management setting to me. Check in Power Options that
no hardware is shutting down after ten minutes.

All the best

Steve