goldwave scripts not working properly

Mario

the file that I downloaded is goldwave_5-6_jaws_scripts_2_0.zip and
after extracting the files and copying them to the appropriate location
(see below), when I check the script version, it is 1.6. does anyone
have the latest scripts for Goldwave, or direct me where to get them?

in the meantime, I have copied all of the files to the following folder:

"C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2018\Settings\enu\"

but when I attempt to select a choice in an edit combo, I cannot simply
arrow down or up to different choices unless I press alt+down arrow to
open the dialog, arrow to the spoken choice, and press alt+up arrow
before I can preview the change. I did not have to do this previously
when I had JAWS 16. now that I use 2018, what can I do to fix this dilemma?

Richard Turner

Mario,
I believe I have the same scripts, but they are in the folder:
"C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Scripts\enu\"

I confirmed this by opening the Jaws menu, then on the utilities menu, explore utilities, then explore scripts, which is where I confirmed that path, and the scripts work fine for me.

Richard

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

the file that I downloaded is goldwave_5-6_jaws_scripts_2_0.zip and
after extracting the files and copying them to the appropriate location
(see below), when I check the script version, it is 1.6. does anyone
have the latest scripts for Goldwave, or direct me where to get them?

in the meantime, I have copied all of the files to the following folder:

"C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2018\Settings\enu\"

but when I attempt to select a choice in an edit combo, I cannot simply
arrow down or up to different choices unless I press alt+down arrow to
open the dialog, arrow to the spoken choice, and press alt+up arrow
before I can preview the change. I did not have to do this previously
when I had JAWS 16. now that I use 2018, what can I do to fix this dilemma?

Richard Turner

Well, Mike B. sent steps to try to get the Script version, but all it did was show me that the scripts were not loading the way I thought they were.
I copied them to the appdata roaming, etc., folder and at least I know they are loading properly, but I still cannot duplicate your issue.
The combo boxes read as I arrow up and down with all the settings I've tried.
And, I still have no idea if the scripts are version 1.6 or version 2.
I suspect version 2, but I'm not sure.
For what it is worth, the date on the goldwave.ini and the rest of the files in the GoldWave scripts is 06/04/2017.

Check out my web site at: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cab44ba3268ff4f7a9f2408d6e83268a4%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636951700526978833&amp;sdata=Q3%2BrgHgK2JGocwypfIt%2FkVFyBOLu2fN%2BraBTYf%2BCmHM%3D&amp;reserved=0
[...]

dennis

after you open goldwave... unload and reload jaws. i have to do this every time but it works.

Check out my web site at: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cab44ba3268ff4f7a9f2408d6e83268a4%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636951700526978833&amp;sdata=Q3%2BrgHgK2JGocwypfIt%2FkVFyBOLu2fN%2BraBTYf%2BCmHM%3D&amp;reserved=0

--
Dennis Cornelison

Mario

I noticed when I unload/reload JAWS, I hear that it is loading Goldwave
version 4 settings, but then I can't shut off labels because I don't
need to hear when I press keys like for starting, pausing, stopping
recording or playback, not to mention pressing the other function keys.

Check out my web site at:www.turner42.com
[...]

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

.

Mario

I don't recall seeing Mike's post, but the keystroke to get the version
number I mentioned earlier is to hold down insert and press q twice
quickly. this opens a virtualized window with the information about the
script being used. there should be a line that states version 1.6 or 2.0.

the date of the Goldwave.ini file and the rest of the files vary from
2004 and 2016 but none have 2008.

it doesn't appear that I have the latest scripts as I looked thru what I
have. could you or someone be so kind as to post a link where I can
download a copy of the latest scripts.

BTW, Mike B is on this list?

the file that I downloaded is goldwave_5-6_jaws_scripts_2_0.zip and
after extracting the files and copying them to the appropriate location
(see below), when I check the script version, it is 1.6. does anyone
have the latest scripts for Goldwave, or direct me where to get them?

in the meantime, I have copied all of the files to the following folder:

"C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2018\Settings\enu\"

but when I attempt to select a choice in an edit combo, I cannot simply
arrow down or up to different choices unless I press alt+down arrow to
open the dialog, arrow to the spoken choice, and press alt+up arrow
before I can preview the change. I did not have to do this previously
when I had JAWS 16. now that I use 2018, what can I do to fix this dilemma?

Mario

in addendum, I suspect other functions won't work properly either since
version 4 settings are being loaded. somebody who really knows how to
script ought to really fix and streamline the scripts to work flawlessly
as possible with the current version of Goldwave without relying or
using the older version of the scripts that were written for Goldwave 4.
I know about Brian Hartgen's scripts, but those are only available from
purchasing the tutorial, and I have purchased it, but he won't help fix
them if there's a problem with his scripts. plus he won't provide the
script source because he' feels there is no reason to, but that's not
the real reason.

I want to email the creator of the free scripts, Jim Bowers, to ask if
he would consider to retool them, but sadly,I don't have his address.

and before others say that Jim Grimsby is the creator, he is not. he
merely agreed to be the distributor when the scripts initially became
available.

the file that I downloaded is goldwave_5-6_jaws_scripts_2_0.zip and
after extracting the files and copying them to the appropriate location
(see below), when I check the script version, it is 1.6. does anyone
have the latest scripts for Goldwave, or direct me where to get them?

in the meantime, I have copied all of the files to the following folder:

"C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2018\Settings\enu\"

but when I attempt to select a choice in an edit combo, I cannot simply
arrow down or up to different choices unless I press alt+down arrow to
open the dialog, arrow to the spoken choice, and press alt+up arrow
before I can preview the change. I did not have to do this previously
when I had JAWS 16. now that I use 2018, what can I do to fix this dilemma?

dennis

i also a lot of times use jaws 16 and it works great.

On 6/4/2019 11:35 AM, Mario wrote:
[...]

I attempted to send you a zip file of the scripts off list.
Let me know if you received it.
Richard

<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Fsig-email%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient%26utm_term%3Dicon&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C3601c7daf88947482dc008d6e9014836%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636952589041969505&amp;sdata=jQulfw2cWhFr%2BJnjp5ztBWkqkP5a6rMY9jtK0jZV8sA%3D&amp;reserved=0>
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Fsig-email%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient%26utm_term%3Dlink&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C3601c7daf88947482dc008d6e9014836%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636952589041979504&amp;sdata=o5dVmNN39jLwvKoOVQcSqLxHYkEBUs6X9cenjSRPzkE%3D&amp;reserved=0>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

.

Mario

Richard, thanks for the scripts. I have copied all of the files into

"C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2018\Scripts\enu"

after starting Goldwave and opening a file, I tried to select a preset
(of any effect) by arrowing down, and is selecting the preset but it is
not being spoken unless I unload/reload JAWS as Dennis suggested. but
doing so appears to break access to expected features of having scripts
for Goldwave such as the insert+h which should call up a listing of
helpful Goldwave shortcuts. instead, I get helpful Windows shortcuts.

www.turner42.com<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C633c05971fbe4621637e08d6bb714c96%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636902492616129219&sdata=9qG6zwn2QJ9Xe5fJyao6MewzLG36u7TAieLK72Tg19c%3D&reserved=0>
“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The
knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't
have any." -- Alice Walker

Check out my web site at:www.turner42.com<http://www.turner42.com>
[...]

<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Fsig-email%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient%26utm_term%3Dicon&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C3601c7daf88947482dc008d6e9014836%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636952589041969505&amp;sdata=jQulfw2cWhFr%2BJnjp5ztBWkqkP5a6rMY9jtK0jZV8sA%3D&amp;reserved=0>
Virus-free.
https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.avast.com&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C3601c7daf88947482dc008d6e9014836%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636952589041979504&amp;sdata=QmfhA7gdSEXsraP%2BUc632F4iOh3Rs9jT%2FRlSK0tAS3E%3D&amp;reserved=0
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Fsig-email%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient%26utm_term%3Dlink&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C3601c7daf88947482dc008d6e9014836%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636952589041979504&amp;sdata=o5dVmNN39jLwvKoOVQcSqLxHYkEBUs6X9cenjSRPzkE%3D&amp;reserved=0>