From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Rumery
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:17 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Attachments

               Hello,

I am trying to get Jaws to view attachments in Outlook. I know that in desktop keyboard layout that I can press Insert, A to list attachments, but is there a similar command in laptop layout to do the same?

Scott

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Scott Rumery

My Thinkpad does not have an insert key on it so I think that I just have to navigate to the attachments button in order to get to the attachment, but I am working with someone who is a Jaws beginner and she doesn’t seem to have an insert key on her computer either so I was just trying to see if there was an alternate method for doing this that would be easier for her.

Scott

I use laptop layout.   I cannot use the caps lock A for attachments, but I can get the insert key in the top right of my keyboard to work for attachments.  Does this not work for you?

I am trying to get Jaws to view attachments in Outlook. I know that in desktop keyboard layout that I can press Insert, A to list attachments, but is there a similar command in laptop layout to do the same?

Scott

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Ann Byrne

shift+tab should also list attachments.

At 12:25 PM 5/22/2019, you wrote:
[...]

send an e-mail to <mailto:DNERequests@key.com>mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Wow.  I can see why most people would think an insert key is unnecessary, but what a pain.  My personal laptop has a full keyboard, but the insert Key in the six pack is right by the F12 and is the print screen key by default, unless I press the function key.

[...]

Jason White

Use Shift+Tab from within an open message to move to the attachments. Alt+Down-Arrow gives you a menu of options for an attachment, including Open and Save As.

[...]

Thank you so much for this Anne. This works great for me and I believe that
when working with someone who does not have an insert key on their keyboard
that I will just tell them to do this.

Scott